Cambodia’s ‘vaccination miracle’ sees higher levels of vaccination than Western countries and ASEAN neighbours

geovalin

The Royal Government’s audacious strategy to vaccinate Cambodia has reaped dividends, with the Kingdom now showing one of the highest vaccination rates in the world.

Figures from https://ourworldindata.org/ show that Cambodia not only has a much higher vaccination rate than it’s immediate neighbours of Thailand, Laos and Vietnam – but that it has now overtaken almost every major country in the world – including France, the UK, the USA, and Germany – and is equalling China and Canada.

Only the island state of Singapore has a higher vaccination rate than The Kingdom. Not only has the Royal Government’s strategy worked to ensure the safety of Cambodians, but it also means that The Kingdom is far more likely to be able to open tourism before it’s ASEAN neighbours.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50941988/cambodias-vaccination-miracle-sees-higher-levels-of-vaccination-than-western-countries-and-asean-neighbours/

• Like 1

And they are still talking quarantine and sandbox ideas similar to Thailand  so they can expect few tourists.

If their population is vaccinated and all the tourists are double vaccinated and have taken a PCR test prior to entry then what is the point of anything else?

Tourists won't be bullied by Thailand or Cambodia

15 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Good for them.

Their despot could teach our despot a thing or two.

Their despot has been doing it longer, practice makes perfect.

I don't see why they are claiming bragging rights in Cambodia regards vaccinations when the country is still locked down.

If the high percentage of the population are all vaccinated and any visitors must have a PCR test and be double vaccinated, why isn't it open now?

Why is there still police on every corner, Siem Reap in total lockdown as well as huge swathes of the capital?, it makes no sense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Their despot has been doing it longer, practice makes perfect.

I don't see why they are claiming bragging rights in Cambodia regards vaccinations when the country is still locked down.

If the high percentage of the population are all vaccinated and any visitors must have a PCR test and be double vaccinated, why isn't it open now?

Why is there still police on every corner, Siem Reap in total lockdown as well as huge swathes of the capital?, it makes no sense.

I don't know.

Another tangent.

Laos is just about total lockdown.

I think both Laos and Cambodia see Thailand as the reason why it spread in their countries.

I loved Phnom Penh.

I had a pretty darn good time before I was married. 

Never been to Siem Reap, would like to someday with the family.

• Like 1