WP to Retirement As Dependent

Dear All,

We are a UK couple (55 and 56) currently in the UK.

I have an extension based on retirement expiring next May, a reentry permit and necessary funds in a Thai bank in my sole name for the next extension.

My wife has a WP expiring soon and is unlikely to be back in Thailand in time to renew it.

Our hope is to get back to Thailand before my extension expires and add my wife to it as my dependent. We have the necessary marriage documentation.

Seeking advice on the easiest, least expensive and most reliable way to achieve this outcome visa wise either from here in the UK or in Thailand.

Many thanks for any help.

I assume you wifes re-entry permit issued for a extension of stay based upon working is expiring soon. A work permit does not allow her to stay in the country or to enter.

She could get a non-o visa for being a member of your family if your extension and re-entry permit is still valid. She would need to get it before entering Thailand. And then she could apply for a extension of stay.

At this time though she would not be able to enter the country for being a member of your family. She would not be able to apply for a certificate of entry since that reason for enter the country is not allowed. That is subject to change at any time though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you wifes re-entry permit issued for a extension of stay based upon working is expiring soon. A work permit does not allow her to stay in the country or to enter.

She could get a non-o visa for being a member of your family if your extension and re-entry permit is still valid. She would need to get it before entering Thailand. And then she could apply for a extension of stay.

At this time though she would not be able to enter the country for being a member of your family. She would not be able to apply for a certificate of entry since that reason for enter the country is not allowed. That is subject to change at any time though.

Thanks ubonjoe.

You are correct about her extension and reentry permit.

If she is not able to get the O here in the UK right now, could she re-enter on a tourist visa and be added to my retirement extension back in Thailand?

What would be the process?

Thanks

37 minutes ago, tazj66 said:

If she is not able to get the O here in the UK right now, could she re-enter on a tourist visa and be added to my retirement extension back in Thailand?

Immigration does not change tourist visa entries to a non-o visa based upon being a member of the family of a person on a extension based upon retirement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration does not change tourist visa entries to a non-o visa based upon being a member of the family of a person on a extension based upon retirement.

Understood.

Could she get a tourist visa and obtain her own retirement extension in Thailand? 

I understand she would need her own 800k seasoned before application in her own named a/c and other usual requirements.

Thanks again.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes she could do that. She would need 800k baht in a bank in own name on the day she applied for the non-o visa.

Great. Looks like the way to go.

Re. previous posters comment about marriage certificate, have had it attested by London Thai Embassy. Quite efficient and about 50 quid to do yourself.

Many thanks

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes she could do that. She would need 800k baht in a bank in own name on the day she applied for the non-o visa.

Hi Ubonjoe

I know your post implies it but just to be 100% clear.....there is no seasoning time required for the 800k in her bank to apply for the O?

Appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, tazj66 said:

I know your post implies it but just to be 100% clear.....there is no seasoning time required for the 800k in her bank to apply for the O?

To apply for the non-o visa the 800k does not have to be in the bank for any amount of time other than the day the non-o visa is applied for. But proof it came from aboard is required.

• Like 1