Ophthalmologist recommendation

samtam

I have had mixed experiences with the two hospitals I have used for check ups. BNH is my usual hospital, but I preferred Bumrungrad. Both however have poor depth of field machines, (which I think are redundant now when the back of your eyeball is photographed). 

I am a potential glaucoma sufferer, as my father had it, so I need to check every year. In UK I have never had any issues with the ophthalmologist, who tests everything personally, but here, the depth of field machine is operated by a nurse, who does not appear to be very skilled.

Can anyone recommend a top class ophthalmologist in Bangkok? 

Edited by samtam

17 minutes ago, pattaya1234was said:

Yes, I can. Dr Roy at Rutnin Hospital Bangkok

Note this is the premier eye center for Thailand dating back many decades and continues to be a go to place for many.  It is a bit automated point to point due to the many customers but in general very good and not overly expensive.  

Edited by lopburi3

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Rutnin, definitely.

I always respect your opinion but I had a vitrectomy (party 90% successful) at Rutnin and they could not give me a prescription for glasses afterwards. I assume it was because I have double vision, and am yet to find someone here that understands that prisms are need in the glasses.

On 9/27/2021 at 1:56 PM, pattaya1234was said:

Yes, I can. Dr Roy at Rutnin Hospital Bangkok

On 9/27/2021 at 2:12 PM, lopburi3 said:

Note this is the premier eye center for Thailand dating back many decades and continues to be a go to place for many.  It is a bit automated point to point due to the many customers but in general very good and not overly expensive.  

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Rutnin, definitely.

Thank you. I will give it a whirl.