Seven suspects arrested in Bangkok for allegedly hacking registration data and selling premium spots in Covid-19 vaccination queues

webfact

bkk.jpg

PHOTO: Manager Online

By Nop Meechukhun

Bangkok – Seven suspects were arrested in six areas of Bangkok this morning, September 27th, following a police investigation, accusing the group of jointly hacking registration data and selling premium spots in Covid-19 vaccination queues at Bangsue Grand Station.

The arrest was jointly conducted by the Royal Thai Police, the Crime Suppression Division, and Technology Crime Suppression Division (TCSD) after representatives of the Institute of Dermatology had filed complaints to the officials in late July, stating that there were cyber criminals who hacked into computer data and made changes to the list of people who were entitled to receive a Covid-19 vaccination at the Bangsue Grand Station.

According to the investigation, approximately 1,000 names were oddly changed and added after the operating hours from 9:00 PM to 12:00 AM. on July 26th. The authorities then ordered the cancellation of the illegal changes.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/27/seven-suspects-arrested-in-bangkok-for-allegedly-hacking-registration-data-and-selling-premium-spots-in-covid-19-vaccination-queues/

PattayaNews.jpg

If it were seven foreigners arrested, "foreigners" would certainly be heralded in the headline. In this case the seven involved were all Thai nationals, and the headline merely refers to them as "suspects". I suppose it means nothing.????

10 minutes ago, Benmart said:

If it were seven foreigners arrested, "foreigners" would certainly be heralded in the headline. In this case the seven involved were all Thai nationals, and the headline merely refers to them as "suspects". I suppose it means nothing.????

Always best to follow the link;

The seven suspects were all Thai nationals which the authorities revealed their first names as Ms. Pakhamon, Mr. Vichayapong, Ms. Sureenat, Mr. Jumphon, Ms. Bundita, Ms. Karitima, and Mr. Hathaichanok.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:36 AM, hotchilli said:

Back when I was a lot younger our local petrol station closed at 6pm, but had one pump on a vending system overnight.

50pence [UK] got you one gallon.

The old man asked me to go fill a gallon container for the lawn mower, in went the 50p coin, as it reached the gallon level the pump kept going, so I filled up the car as-well.. 12 gallon tank.

Gallon? 50p? Early to mid '70s I guess.

Edited by Bruno123