Mitsubishi Water Pump - time to replace?

dinga

Am 99.9% sure there ain't no option but to replace - but worth a check.

Our 13+ year old Mitsubishi Water Pump (connected to standby tank) has been used for watering our smallish garden (every 3 days or so) and to supply household needs when the government water supply is off.  So it hasn't had much use over that time (has a cover over it to protect it from the elements), but we are very close to the sea - which I reckon is the cause of the problem.

The pump's pressure tank has sprung a leak through a rust spots (I had thought the spots were only surface ones - clearly that is wrong!).  I reckon repair is out of the question - especially given the age of the pump.  Correct????

You can repair the pressure tank, as you call it, using a self tapping screw some old innertube and some epoxy. It won't last forever as you will eventually spring another leak. 

A new tank from a pump shop is about 1800 baht. Stainless a bit more. 

Just tell them the model number. WP-xxx

35 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

I had the same problem with a Mitsubishi pump. The pressure tank was replaced with a new stainless steel tank from lazada. Also replaced the plastic straw and washer that goes into the tank, along with new gaskets on the intake and outflow.

Great - thanks.  Did the parts come with the tank - or did you have to get them separately?

Let a repair shop take a look at it and see if they can fix it, my grandfather-in-law has a mitsubishi pump that's well over 20 years old and it still working to this day, even with occasional trips to the repair shop.

Edited by bbko

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 5:38 PM, dinga said:

Thanks everyone (especially Banana7).  I've ordered a replacement S/S tank via Lazada - hopefully that'll keep the pump operating for a few more

years.

Update:  Replacement S/S tank arrived in a couple of days, and has now been fitted and the pump reconnected.  Famous last words I know, but everything is performing perfectly (long may that continue).

Thanks again for saving me around 7k !!!!

• Like 1