Timing to apply for an extension of stay based on a non immigrant O-A Visa

I have a multiple entry non immmigrant O-A Visa that expires on 17th November 2021.
A few days ago I entered the sandbox and got stamped a validity until 24th September 2022 for my actual stay.
The balance at my bank account is above 400k since long time and above 800k since 22nd of September 2021.
What is the right date to apply for an extension of stay (and start with the health insurance)? Or is that chance already gone for me this time because the balance of my bank account is 5 days late above 800k?
I want to prepare myself for a situation where I have to leave Thailand in a real hurry due to a family reason on an unpredictable date. And I would like to avoid to apply for a new visa when I want to return to Thailand again.
Thanks for your answers!
Uwe

You apply for a 12 month extension prior to 24 Sept 2022.

Best to apply few weeks prior to 24 Sept. On the day you apply you will need to have the 800k in bank a/c for 2 months. 

If you need to exit Thailand and reenter you will need to purchase a reentry permit. You can do that at immigration or the airport. Single reentry is 1000b and multiple 3800.

When your applying for your extension you will need to obtain 40/400k health insurance. If your 12 month policy start date of insurance is on day you apply you will obtain 12 month permit stamp from that date.

You can read threads about that.

Edited by DrJack54