Three police officers killed, four injured in separate incidents in Narathiwat

webfact

Bomb-Nara.jpg

Three police officers were killed in Thailand’s restive southernmost province of Narathiwat today (Tuesday) in two separate incidents.

Two police officers were killed and four others injured when a pickup truck, in which they were travelling, was blown up by a device remotely detonated by suspected insurgents in Janae district.

In a separate incident, in Bajoh district of Narathiwat, one paramilitary ranger was shot and fatally wounded by a suspected insurgent as he was approaching a jungle shelter.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/three-police-officers-killed-four-injured-in-separate-incidents-in-narathiwat/

Logo-top-.png

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

There is just one thing I never will understand. Everywhere in the world where there are muslims residning, there are also much more violence, killings and bombings. That´s just pure facts if you look at history. How is that, and why does the world not do anything about it? An even bigger question is if there are just a few extremists we are talking about and there are like 90% good people belonging to the religion. Why in the world do they not fix the problem at hand?

Or maybe it is like the number are clearly telling! That there might be 90% extremists instead? Anyway, it can not be the Thai people, because we do not hear about any bombings in Isaan.

its a world wide problem wherever these people ( im being polite calling them people) reside  

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

There is just one thing I never will understand. Everywhere in the world where there are muslims residning, there are also much more violence, killings and bombings. That´s just pure facts if you look at history. How is that, and why does the world not do anything about it? An even bigger question is if there are just a few extremists we are talking about and there are like 90% good people belonging to the religion. Why in the world do they not fix the problem at hand?

Or maybe it is like the number are clearly telling! That there might be 90% extremists instead? Anyway, it can not be the Thai people, because we do not hear about any bombings in Isaan.

You need to look at Satun province. Majority Muslim and no violence. Nice place to visit. One thing that struck me was how clean it is. No <deleted> dumped on roadsides or garbage on beaches. 

Well, as I live in Narathiwat, I kind of have first-hand experience of what it's like here. The unfortunate incidents make all the headlines, but live in general is similar to anywhere else.

I am not afraid to go anywhere and neither are most people.

Just my two cents...