Apples Commitment to 'Right to Repair'

seedy

Apple spend all their time designing products with inbuilt obsolescence including their support. Don't understand why anybody would buy one? I got offered a scam version of the latest and Visa cancelled the order because they were aware of the scam! I tried to reboot an ipad using apps claiming to do so and yes it was another scam. Why are there so many Apple based scams- because nobody expects their Apple product to work all the time or for many years.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Apple spend all their time designing products with inbuilt obsolescence including their support. Don't understand why anybody would buy one? I got offered a scam version of the latest and Visa cancelled the order because they were aware of the scam! I tried to reboot an ipad using apps claiming to do so and yes it was another scam. Why are there so many Apple based scams- because nobody expects their Apple product to work all the time or for many years.

Yes, it is really really strange that anyone would by one. My iPhone 3GS; that is now 13 years old is still functioning happily as a music server as is the 4S, one of my Mac Minis is over 15 years old and runs 24/7/356 and hosts a web server, another is about 12 years old again running 24/7/365 runs mail and iTunes.

I also have a 3rd party program that can connect to and manage my mobile devices.

I have a plethora of airport routers that run 24/7/356 that connect to my airplay speakers.

So if added together the continuous service time for all my Apple products probably is over 60 years, not too long I agree.

How many android phones and devices from 2009 (or even from 2015) are still working and doing anything useful?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chilly07 said:

What app do you need to reboot an iPad? I just press the button at the top.