is there a risk of (western-style) child support?

BananaBandit

7 hours ago, Pravda said:

much easier to find a lady due to Chinese style leftover women once they reach certain age.

Indeed. The older ladies, 40 and up IMO, are the best. Warmer, sweeter, more humbled by their position. They know they aren't turning heads like they used to. Yet they still look good, and a higher libido is a nice added bonus.

The young ones here aren't worth the trouble. They act like spoiled children well into their 20's and 30's. But at least it's not like the West, where many women remain entitled princesses at every age.

To address this ridiculous topic, haha, "risk of child support"? As been said, there's indeed a solid solution to all such worries, called the vasectomy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Why Me said:

That's for the kid's street value in begging and prostitution. No Isaan woman swells with pride at the sight of her half-farang child she hasn't the means to feed.

No, not at all. They are not blind, and note that most famous people on TV and movies are light skinned, and they believe their children have a better chance of success in life if they are mixed. They always swell with pride over light skinned children no matter what their financial situation is. They can always find food.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 12:19 PM, WEBBYB808 said:

Are you a dog or something? What do you think?  Raising a child and giving them a quality of life isn't easy or cheap.  If you aren't going to protect the potential  offspring,  then you shouldn't  make one.  You want to pay as little  as possible,  and not what's needed.   That makes you a terrible  father already before the fact, and should consider if you are even ready to be a father.  You just want to be a biological father, and not a father.  Do the child a favor, as you are clearly  thinking about your pocket,  and the pleasure  of making a baby, and not what's  right for the child, you clearly  arent ready to be a real father.

You would actually have to apply to make the child a US citizen,  as it wouldn't  be born in the US, and it's not automatically considered a citizen because  the father, donated the DNA.

I can't believe you even asked something like this.  You want to make a child, but only do what the law and others require  you to do.  So pathetic!  You aren't father material and should not do the world, or the poor child a disservice by fornicating and being a donor only.  If the lady is smart she will see you coming a mile away, and make you be fully responsible.   Do you even realise how selfish, and sub par your question  makes you sound.  Imagine if your parents  only gave you the bare minimum growing up, not because they were poor, but because they were selfish.  Imagine they had eaten fresh meals, bought themselves nice clothes, slept in sanitary conditions,  and they took care and spoiled  themselves,  but they bought you used clothes, cheap shoes, and fed you subpar foods daily.  Thats not love.. that would them doing for you what is required.   Imagine how your life would have turned out? How you would feel being treated so bare?  Thats not love.  If you arent going to unconditionally love the child you should've  make one.  You sound immature enough just saying you only want what the local country  wants for the child, as its so substandard,  minimal,  and disgusting.  You feel this best for the child is 100thb a day!  Even what the American government requires  as child support  in the USA isnt always enough  to provide a life for a child.  You should grow up, stop thinking about your wallet,  and see a child is about love not money.  I am glad that there are actually upstanding  men in this world that already know this.  Your question  is so shocking!

wow. thats a long passionate response. Why dont you tell us what you really think. I dont think you put enough detail. 

5 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Contary to some of the negative posts here,

Kids can be the best investment you could ever make.

yes, especially if they go on to study medicine or dentistry at Mahidol university in bkk. they will look after you and pay money when you are old. 

but for OP I dont think his generous 100 baht contributions will cut it.  Just for reference the wife and I are paying over 4000 baht a week just for private tutors.... nothing to do with the school fees.

Edited by bbabythai

44 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

wow. thats a long passionate response. Why dont you tell us what you really think. I dont think you put enough detail. 

Someone  needs to teach the guy something  about values.  It would appear his parents didn't