Stock / Inventory System

Simmo

A friend has a small business manufacturing specialty foodstuffs. Currently he tracks batches and shipments in some messy spreadsheets and labels everything by hand with stickers. Obviously this is error prone and difficult to track at a glance.

I could knock him up something quickly in Access for him but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a stock / inventory system or database geared towards thai business?. Would need to be dead simple for data entry & reporting - nothing overly fancy but with options like barcode scanning / printing etc. I'd rather buy something and get him involved with a vendor for support than develop it and be his ongoing lifeline if you know what I mean.

Cheers.

A friend has a small business manufacturing specialty foodstuffs. Currently he tracks batches and shipments in some messy spreadsheets and labels everything by hand with stickers. Obviously this is error prone and difficult to track at a glance.

I could knock him up something quickly in Access for him but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a stock / inventory system or database geared towards thai business?. Would need to be dead simple for data entry & reporting - nothing overly fancy but with options like barcode scanning / printing etc. I'd rather buy something and get him involved with a vendor for support than develop it and be his ongoing lifeline if you know what I mean.

Cheers.

Access is your best bet for low cost simplicity, the aternative would be costly and more complex using barcodes and scanners etc

it really depends on the nature of the business and how slick you want things be

Guest Reimar

There's a problem! In most of the available Stockcontrol and Inventory software you can't use Thai Letters! I just had a long searching for an relaible inventory software but all wasn't able to use Thai Letters. The only way here is to use quite old (Thai) software with max. Win 98 because the software still runs under DOS!

Otherwise, if the use of Thai Letters isn't necessary, there a lot, even Freeware available.

Reimar there was a shop in Pantip selling Thai/English POS software that ran on 98/XP. The wife bought it nearly 2 years ago for her businesses but has never changed over to it. I don’t know what’s she’s done with the disc so I can’t give you the program name.

The shop was near the top of the escalator that goes up 2 floors on the right side as you enter Pantip. I think the program cost about 4,000B.

Guest Reimar
Reimar there was a shop in Pantip selling Thai/English POS software that ran on 98/XP. The wife bought it nearly 2 years ago for her businesses but has never changed over to it. I don’t know what’s she’s done with the disc so I can’t give you the program name.

The shop was near the top of the escalator that goes up 2 floors on the right side as you enter Pantip. I think the program cost about 4,000B.

That is just a POS (Point of Sale) Software but wit very limited feature to a real Inventory Control Software.

The only Software we found with Thai/English and all Inventory Contro, feature cost Baht 400,000.00 + 200,000.00 for Training and 200,000.00 per year for Upgrades! Dynacom will come with an Thai enabled Version beginning next year for Baht ~ 80,000.00!

By the way, the Shop at Pantip you mean is dealing with Barcode Scanner pp and the software they have is for Cashbox systems but not Inventory Control!