Bloatware removal Realme Note 10 Pro android

kuma

Good day

I have the above mentioned phone and would like to remove the bloatware, incl all possible goog apps. 

Wondering if anyone knows of a shop that provides this service. I do not want to try myself

The phone is brand new so no data loss issues etc to be concerned with.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

did you try factory reset

Thanks for the reply.I did not as my understanding is that would restore the phone to its original state, ie as it is now...and that is not what I want, I would like to remove many apps that come from the factory.

1 minute ago, Longwood50 said:

I believe what you are referring to is called "rooting"  I would try Tukcom.  There are many phone stores there for unlocking so I would guess they would also do the rooting as well. 

Cheers for that. Yea I would go cold to tukcom or fortune city etc but i live out a ways and would like to have something arranged in advance before travelling. 

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

I have been watching these tutorials and reading about the steps - but find many places where there are cautions that 'things may not turn out as intended, be sure to have a backup and be able to restore all you delete etc" - I no longer feel up to the task (would have given it a shot in the past) and feel more like finding someone that does this daily and can just quickly execute and be done - and have the tools/knowledge to get around and kinks in the process. One thing is for certain, goog has an absolute chokehold on everything android.....

24 minutes ago, sungod said:

The phone is brand new, so if you root it and something goes wrong you lose your warranty.

You can disable apps you dont need to use and hide them.

This is along the lines of what I would like to do, disable w/o having to root. The focus is the bloatware AND goog apps, goog just b/c I am surprised how much of a chokehold they have on phones and the ability to strip mine them of data. Learning that it is v hard for the laymen to get round their apps.

Thx

50 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Better to read this first; https://www.guidetoroot.com/root-redmi-note-10-pro/ Then to do more research if needed.

Bruno, excellent link thx for posting. Did another longer reply a few minutes back but it seems to have been lost - I would not want to try rooting myself, if going that route would look for a pro.

Cheers

I think you need to forget any idea of getting around Google and Xiaomi. Google is behind Android and Xiaomi are getting in on the act with their MIUI interface.

So even when you root the phone, the interface might still feed you ads or whatever.

Though getting back to who can do it for you; I haven't needed such a task done and so haven't any personal recommendation. Good luck in your endeavour.

16 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I think you need to forget any idea of getting around Google and Xiaomi. Google is behind Android and Xiaomi are getting in on the act with their MIUI interface.

So even when you root the phone, the interface might still feed you ads or whatever.

Though getting back to who can do it for you; I haven't needed such a task done and so haven't any personal recommendation. Good luck in your endeavour.

Thx and I hear you on giving goog the slip via Xiaomi, or any android...seems now Huawei is the way to go to bypass - so I will likely be left trying to disable them as much as possible and not sign in, but not sure how it will go. See if anyone else here has input.

Cheers and enjoy 22/65

It never stops to amuse me when people buy chinese phones which are created for a single purpose - to collect the Big Data, and then these people desperately try to shut down that collection :biggrin: You've paid for that phone $500 less than a normal phone might cost, don't you understand why it was that cheap?

Also today I've learned that these poor souls have to ask Xiaomi to unlock their phones :D

LOL.png.ce433b44391e7d09e04b646629f32af2.png

Well, back to the topic: as your device is not listed there: https://twrp.me/Devices/Realme/

nor there: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/

- it might be not possible to unlock/root/remove all the bloatware.

6 minutes ago, fdsa said:

It never stops to amuse me when people buy chinese phones which are created for a single purpose - to collect the Big Data, and then these people desperately try to shut down that collection :biggrin: You've paid for that phone $500 less than a normal phone might cost, don't you understand why it was that cheap?

Also today I've learned that these poor souls have to ask Xiaomi to unlock their phones ????

LOL.png.ce433b44391e7d09e04b646629f32af2.png

Well, back to the topic: as your device is not listed there: https://twrp.me/Devices/Realme/

nor there: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/

- it might be not possible to unlock/root/remove all the bloatware.

Yea it might seem crazy on the surface - but the exercise is to try and exorcize goog, not stop being tracked...that I figure not possible. I have seen links, even in this thread, on my model, so I do not think all is lost just yet.

Thx for the links

2 hours ago, kuma said:

I have been watching these tutorials and reading about the steps - but find many places where there are cautions that 'things may not turn out as intended, be sure to have a backup and be able to restore all you delete etc" - I no longer feel up to the task (would have given it a shot in the past) and feel more like finding someone that does this daily and can just quickly execute and be done - and have the tools/knowledge to get around and kinks in the process. One thing is for certain, goog has an absolute chokehold on everything android.....

Google has some good apps, Maps, Translate, YouTube, Chrome, Gmail to name a few. I am surprised you don't want these. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Google has some good apps, Maps, Translate, YouTube, Chrome, Gmail to name a few. I am surprised you don't want these. 

I use many of them, but dont want any of them on this hardware. There do exist many great alternatives as well.

3 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Realme don't make a Note 10 Pro! ????????

Yes lol correct, I see they call it a Redmi...Xiaomi, Realme, Redmi...in the wheelhouse anyway

25 minutes ago, fdsa said:

Also today I've learned that these poor souls have to ask Xiaomi to unlock their phones

Chinese phones aren't cheap, it's the phones sold in the West which are overpriced and over valued partly because they are perceived as status symbols by some people. Also because of price fixing by the big phone companies.

Xiaomi phones do not require unlocking unless bought in the UK where all phones seem to be locked and dual sim card slots are not available. ☹️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

If you can't even get the phone's company name right best you not try to root it. hahah ????????

lmao, indeed, thats why i'm looking for a ringer that knows the game.

Rooting the phone will quite possibly brick the phone void the warranty, or introduce a host of unintended consequences. And unless you intend to side load APKs of dodgy apps from dodgier sites, you'll end up with a phone hardly worth using. There's a reason why Tukom and others will state up front that they will guarantee nothing.

It's also worth remembering that Google develops and maintains Android, and any phone other than an iPhone is using it (Huawei uses a fork of Android AOS). Additionally all apps on the Playstore are vetted/approved by Google and (theoretically) must comply with Google's terms of service. That includes (theoretically) bloat ware and skins from Xiaomi, Samsung, et al.

The best advice is what sungod suggested: remove/disable/hide the apps you can. 

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

26 minutes ago, ChristianBlessing said:

Rooting the phone will quite possibly brick the phone void the warranty, or introduce a host of unintended consequences. And unless you intend to side load APKs of dodgy apps from dodgier sites, you'll end up with a phone hardly worth using. There's a reason why Tukom and others will state up front that they will guarantee nothing.

It's also worth remembering that Google develops and maintains Android, and any phone other than an iPhone is using it (Huawei uses a fork of Android AOS). Additionally all apps on the Playstore are vetted/approved by Google and (theoretically) must comply with Google's terms of service. That includes (theoretically) bloat ware and skins from Xiaomi, Samsung, et al.

The best advice is what sungod suggested: remove/disable/hide the apps you can. 

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for the input and the good luck. I hope to get to a conclusion soon, and hope to not have a brick when complete, lol.

2 hours ago, kuma said:

Yes lol correct, I see they call it a Redmi...Xiaomi, Realme, Redmi...in the wheelhouse anyway

It seems that you are wrong and your device is actually called "Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro" - I've found it in TWRP database: https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomiredminote10pro.html

(lold @ their naming btw)

So - good news - the root is possible, thus a removal of the preinstalled apps should be possible too.

2 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Chinese phones aren't cheap, it's the phones sold in the West which are overpriced

I'm comparing them to Korean phones, not the fruity ones.

2 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Xiaomi phones do not require unlocking

This manual looks legit:  https://www.guidetoroot.com/unlock-bootloader-on-any-xiaomi-phones/

and it tells that you have to kindly ask Xiaomi to unlock your phone, by installing yet another bloatware to your computer. And the comments section tells that Xiaomi might not unlock it if they don't want  :biggrin:

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1

OP: Not specific to your device, but may be of use to you. I used adb to remove a lot of the bloatware on my Vivo phone. It should work for any android device. The apps are not uninstalled/deleted, they are disabled and do not appear on the phone. A factory reset will re-enable them again. You basically install adb on your pc/laptop, connect your android device via usb and then you can disable the apps you don't want. Here is a link which explains what to do.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/uninstall-system-apps-without-root-vivo-bloatware.3817230/

To find out package name of apps you want to remove, install App Inspector app on your device. 

I made the mistake of rooting one of my previous phones, which invalidated the warranty and stopped me from downloading software updates.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

Yeah, rooting your phone - snicker - is quite passe.

And any financial service/banking apps will NOT function on a rooted phone. And now you're locked on that ROM. And did we mention the potential security issues? 

Manufacturer bloatware is (part of) the price you pay for the handset. Well that and the automatic reporting back to the Central Committee.

Same-same for Google apps.

For ancient devices, rooting and installing a custom ROM can be a viable solution. I do this on a few devices, but never, ever on any sort of daily driver.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

OP: Not specific to your device, but may be of use to you. I used adb to remove a lot of the bloatware on my Vivo phone. It should work for any android device. The apps are not uninstalled/deleted, they are disabled and do not appear on the phone. A factory reset will re-enable them again. You basically install adb on your pc/laptop, connect your android device via usb and then you can disable the apps you don't want. Here is a link which explains what to do.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/uninstall-system-apps-without-root-vivo-bloatware.3817230/

To find out package name of apps you want to remove, install App Inspector app on your device. 

I made the mistake of rooting one of my previous phones, which invalidated the warranty and stopped me from downloading software updates.

Mutt thx for the reply and link.I have seen that exact article on xda and the adb process looks like it would fit the bill. I would prefer a tech to do it though,not familiar enough with it to try first time on a new phone. Will keep looking for that contact.

Cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, rooting your phone - snicker - is quite passe.

And any financial service/banking apps will NOT function on a rooted phone. And now you're locked on that ROM. And did we mention the potential security issues? 

Manufacturer bloatware is (part of) the price you pay for the handset. Well that and the automatic reporting back to the Central Committee.

Same-same for Google apps.

For ancient devices, rooting and installing a custom ROM can be a viable solution. I do this on a few devices, but never, ever on any sort of daily driver.

I agree on the point about not messing with your daily driver. I use multiple devices, this one is suitable for "messing with" but I still want it to function. Thx