Applying for COE Flight Details Entry Question

Having had my previous COE rejected, I am trying to be extra careful this time. The first entry in the COE app asks for Travel Details, and says "if using an agency enter here". If a person books an airline via the airlines website, are they supposed to enter that information there? Or do you only enter information there if you are using a travel agency? (In American English "Agency" can mean a corporation) I feel pretty silly...first entry on the form and already stumped. Thanks for your replies!

I am pretty sure they only want an agency if you travel i.e. with an organized group.

I think the best info I can give you that the local consulates are responsible for those applications. Find out which consulate is responsible for you and call them and ask them.

It doesn't really matter what other people tell you here who made the application in another consulate or even in another country. It might be the same for you but it might not. Talk to the people who are responsible for your application.

You are not with an agency - just leave that section blank and go to the next section ‘Personal information’.

Fill in all your personal information: 

You will also get stumped at ‘position’ (don’t put missionary or 69)... just leave that blank. 

You will next get stumped at contact details. 

Contact details outside of Thailand, put your home details & number. 

Contact details inside Thailand, put your hotel or home address / yours or a friends mobile or leave blank

Contact person - put a friend (if not leave it blank)

The rest should be simple going. 

Tips: Do not use Mac Safari (sometimes problematic). 

Make sure you hit the upload button when submitting documents. 

Screenshot 2021-10-05 at 19.40.39.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

Thanks for all of the tips, so I made it all the way through the first part of the COE application, received the pre-approval message the next day, and am now finishing uploading the flights and asq info. I am stumped once again at the final confirmation window. I have checked and double checked, and all of the information is uploaded and correct, but when I click the "save" at the end and the confirmation window pops up, the transit port and arrival ports in the confirmation window are blank. I clicked on "Edit" and went back into the application, it shows that I have entered the transit port and destination port correctly. Should I just click "submit" regardless of what the confirmation popup window says?

1 minute ago, Lee4Life said:

Thanks for all of the tips, so I made it all the way through the first part of the COE application, received the pre-approval message the next day, and am now finishing uploading the flights and asq info. I am stumped once again at the final confirmation window. I have checked and double checked, and all of the information is uploaded and correct, but when I click the "save" at the end and the confirmation window pops up, the transit port and arrival ports in the confirmation window are blank. I clicked on "Edit" and went back into the application, it shows that I have entered the transit port and destination port correctly. Should I just click "submit" regardless of what the confirmation popup window says?

Which web browser are you using ? (do not use Safari). 

If you are having problems with Internet Explorer, switch to Crome or Firefox (there could be something in the settings). 

36 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Which web browser are you using ? (do not use Safari). 

If you are having problems with Internet Explorer, switch to Crome or Firefox (there could be something in the settings). 

Firefox, I just took screenshots of the problems and sent them to the LA Consulate with a message explaining the problem, in the meantime I'll try another browser. (update: tried three web browsers, none of them Safari, same result)

Edited by Lee4Life

38 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

I clicked on "Edit" and went back into the application, it shows that I have entered the transit port and destination port correctly. Should I just click "submit" regardless of what the confirmation popup window says?

Have you entered transit date?  I had a similar issue but it highlighted the missing information and I think it was this.

7 hours ago, treetops said:

Have you entered transit date?  I had a similar issue but it highlighted the missing information and I think it was this.

Yep, entered transit date, it all looks good, departure airport, transit airport and arrival airport all entered and dates all entered. No reply from the consulate as of yet. Thinking about just punching the submit button, but when they rejected my other coe they waited until three days before the flight, i don't want to be waiting in darkness again.

On 10/5/2021 at 11:23 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I am pretty sure they only want an agency if you travel i.e. with an organized group.

I think the best info I can give you that the local consulates are responsible for those applications. Find out which consulate is responsible for you and call them and ask them.

It doesn't really matter what other people tell you here who made the application in another consulate or even in another country. It might be the same for you but it might not. Talk to the people who are responsible for your application.

Agree, e.g. very friendly and helpful officers at the Thai embassy in Canberra and the Thai consulate in Sydney. Always good listeners on the phone and always clear answers. 

O.K.,.....I finally got it to work! Here is what happened:          In the COE application there is an area asking for transit flight information if your flight is not a direct flight. It has boxes to enter up to three different transit flights. The first box is marked, "from originating airport", the other two boxes are just marked "transit flights". I entered the orginating airport transport flight from Seattle info correctly, but mistakenly thought the connecting flight from Korea to BKK should be entered in the "transit flight" box (second box). When I hit the "save" button at the end of the application it asked me to confirm, when the confirm window opened the originating and arrival airport sections were both blank. I gave up trying to fix it after many attempts and then just hit the "submit" button. Only after hitting that last button submitting the application did an error message pop up telling me the transit flight number and the arrival flight numbers could not be the same and that I needed to delete the transit flight info.

Edited by Lee4Life
  • Like 1

Well...my elation at finally getting my COE application to go through with no problems was short-lived. After finishing my application, I entered my wife's, and had exactly the same problem even though I entered all info exactly the same way as in my application. Even though the confirmation box that popped up didn't show her departure or arrival airport, I went ahead and submitted it after going back into the application and seeing that the airports were indeed entered correctly.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:14 PM, Lee4Life said:

aving had my previous COE rejected, I am trying to be extra careful this time. The first entry in the COE app asks for Travel Details, and says "if using an agency enter here". If a person books an airline via the airlines website, are they supposed to enter that information there? Or do you only enter information there if you are using a travel agency? (In American English "Agency" can mean a corporation) I feel pretty silly...first entry on the form and already stumped. Thanks for your replies!

Leave the agency section blank...  and move straight to the next section (personal details). 

Its fairly simple from there on in...  the ‘contact details’ is not crystal clear for some.

IF you don’t have your own phone in Thailand (i.e. a tourist) you can put a friends phone, or just use the details of the hotel you are staying in (it doesn’t matter too much, its just a ‘box ticking / filling exercise’)

Other key points are ensuring that you have clicked on the ‘upload’ button / symbol after dragging and dropping your documents into the ‘upload box’. 

Also note: Safari on a Mac can be problematic, also if you are having issues with your current browser, switch to another.

While I understand the Thai Government attempting to put more safeguards in place against Covid, instead of creating and using an app for the COE (that is not extremely reliable), the simpler and more reliable solution would have been to allow travellers to download forms, fill them out, and then scan and/or upload them to the appropriate Embassy or Consulate for COE approval or issuance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

While I understand the Thai Government attempting to put more safeguards in place against Covid, instead of creating and using an app for the COE (that is not extremely reliable), the simpler and more reliable solution would have been to allow travellers to download forms, fill them out, and then scan and/or upload them to the appropriate Embassy or Consulate for COE approval or issuance.

No quarantine from 1st Nov (just announced by Prayut).

Not sure if there is still a CoE requirement (assuming no quarantine is for dual vaxxed arrivals).

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I didn't think the language was convincing, but that may be due to the translation.  He reportedly said he would instruct the CSSA and MOPH to consider allowing visitors in without quarantine.

8 minutes ago, treetops said:
12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I didn't think the language was convincing, but that may be due to the translation.  He reportedly said he would instruct the CSSA and MOPH to consider allowing visitors in without quarantine.

Argeed... he’s allowed ‘wiggle room’... but as he’s the chief cheese and he has now announced it...  we can assume ‘no quarantine from 1st Nov for vaccinated arrivals’ as being ‘fairly firm’ !!! 

*some will argue its not confirmed until we read it in the Royal Gazette !!! 

Here is what Prayut said... 

Today, I would like to announce the first small but important step in decisively beginning the process of trying to restore our livelihoods.

During the last weeks some of Thailand’s most important tourist source countries have begun to ease their travel restrictions on their citizens – countries like the UK, that now allow convenient travel to our country, as well as countries like Singapore and Australia that have started to ease travel restrictions on their citizens visiting other countries.

With these developments, we must act quickly but still cautiously, and not miss the opportunity to entice some of the year-end and new year holiday season travelers during the next few months to support the many millions of people who earn a living from our tourism, travel and entertainment sectors as well as the many other related sectors.

I have, therefore, instructed the CCSA and the Ministry of Public Health to urgently consider within this week to allow, as of 1st November, international visitors to enter Thailand without any requirement for quarantine if they are fully vaccinated and arrive by air from low-risk countries.

All that visitors will need do is to show that they are COVID-free at their time of travel with an RT-PCR test undertaken before they leave their home country, and do a test in Thailand, after which they will be free to move around Thailand in the same way that any Thai citizen can do.

Initially, we will begin with at least 10 countries on our low-risk, no-quarantine list, including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, China, and the United States of America, and enlarge that list by 1st December, and, by 1st of January move to a very extensive list.

Visitors from countries not on the list, will, of course, still be much welcomed, but with quarantine and other requirements.

By 1st December, we will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants as well as the operation of entertainment venues under appropriate health precautions to support the revitalization of the tourism and leisure sectors, especially as we approach the new year period.

I know this decision comes with some risk.  It is almost certain that we will see a temporary rise in serious cases as we relax these restrictions.  We will have to track the situation very carefully, and see how to contain and live with that situation because I do not think that the many millions who depend on the income generated by the travel, leisure and entertainment sector can possibly afford the devastating blow of a second lost new year holiday period.  

But if, in the months ahead, we see an unexpected emergence of a highly dangerous new variant of the virus, then, of course, we must also act accordingly and proportionately when we see the threat.  We know that this virus has surprised the world several times, and we must be ready for it to do so again.  

Hi helpful people. I have 4 questions if anyone knows at all.

1) Any news if you still need COE from Nov?

2) Has anyone done the whole COE thing?

3) I heard for COE you have to provide proof of payment for hotels you will stay at for whole trip. Anyone know if this is true? If so It would put me off I think, I don't want to plan whole thing ahead, who knows how plans may change when I get there.

4) Internal flights are looking on? And do you have to pay approx 100 pounds for a test, even for internal flights?

Ok, I guess that was 5! Any help much appreciated, keep up good work, I am thinking of maybe going to Thailand around 28th Dec.  Cheers!

12 minutes ago, bennn said:

Hi helpful people. I have 4 questions if anyone knows at all.

1) Any news if you still need COE from Nov?

2) Has anyone done the whole COE thing?

3) I heard for COE you have to provide proof of payment for hotels you will stay at for whole trip. Anyone know if this is true? If so It would put me off I think, I don't want to plan whole thing ahead, who knows how plans may change when I get there.

4) Internal flights are looking on? And do you have to pay approx 100 pounds for a test, even for internal flights?

Ok, I guess that was 5! Any help much appreciated, keep up good work, I am thinking of maybe going to Thailand around 28th Dec.  Cheers!

Answered in the other thread you posted the same questions. 

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not sure if there is still a CoE requirement (assuming no quarantine is for dual vaxxed arrivals).

This is going to be interesting.....our flights arrive at Bangkok on October 30th, we have COE's which have been approved based on that arrival date, we also have a 7-day quarantine package booked. So what happens on day 2 of our quarantine, when the quarantine rule for arrivals is dropped? (we have been fully vaccinated)

Edited by Lee4Life

5 hours ago, Lee4Life said:
16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is going to be interesting.....our flights arrive at Bangkok on October 30th, we have COE's which have been approved based on that arrival date, we also have a 7-day quarantine package booked. So what happens on day 2 of our quarantine, when the quarantine rule for arrivals is dropped? (we have been fully vaccinated)

Indeed - this is where Thailand officialdom gets extremely clumsy in their inability to handle idiosyncrasies of developing policies with any clarity. 

There were reports of the 1st Oct 14-7 day quarantine reducing being ‘passed through’ to those who’d arrived before 1st Oct (they only had to do 7 further days in October - Perhaps a recent Sandboxer can confirm this ?

Thus: It would make sense that you only need to Quarantine for 2 days until 1st Nov regulations take place. 

That said: Back in April the reduction from 14 to 10 days quarantine was not ‘passed through’ to those who’d arrived in the 2-3 days before April 1st - they still had to quarantine for 14 days, thus, those who’d arrived in Thailand on March 30th were released from quarantine after those who’d arrived on 1st April !!! 

So... there is no precedent of logical consistency - But, the most recent policy was to permit 'pass through’ of the regulations. 

In your shoes I’d consider delaying travel by 2 days to arrive on Nov 1st. 

I’d confirm that the SHA+ hotel is fully refundable. 

And confirm that flights are changeable into Bangkok without charge. 

OR... Just Enjoy the week in Phuket and don’t worry about the changes... lets face it, Phuket is quite a nice place to be at the moment !!! 

My family and I are about to head back to the UK for a few weeks and return in early Nov (looking at 1st or 2nd)... I was quite looking forwards to a week in Phuket !!!...  we may go ahead and do that anyway !!! 

Hopefully Thailand recognises the damage it causes in not confirming any chances early enough. 

Hopefully we will receive confirmation of any changes this week.