Visa for five month stay

I am planning a five month trip to Thailand (sandbox). I used to go on a multi entry Non Immigrant O based on retirement and a visa run; however, they don't issue those anymore. Thus, I am looking for another solution.

I am Danish, older than 50 years.

Is this viable? Arriving on visa exempt + 30 days extension or on a tourist visa. Then get a Non-Immigrant O based on retirement in Thailand.

I am not sure if the Danish Embassy will issue documentation for income/money in the bank, they haven't yet replyed my email. I have money in a Danish bank, and I do have an income of more than 65000 baht a month. I do not want to place a lot of money in a Thai bank.

Also, I am not sure when the Non O will take effect: from the issue date or from the end of the permission of stay? If from the issue date, then I guess I cannot get five months with the visa exempt but instead need a tourist visa + 30 days extension and then a Non O.

Any better solution?

I have a travel insurance; however, they insurance company will not fill out the Foreign Insurance Certificate for the Non-Immigrant O-A visa. They have their own certificate, which I guess is not enough.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

There is STV, The Thailand Special Tourist Visa also. If you going to stay that 5 month.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/special-tourist-visa-thailand

I know, I got that last year; although, I didn't get to use it. Too cumbersome, and also expensive as I need an extra insurance.

• Confused 1

Enter with tourist visa. Obtain 30 day extension. 60+ 30.

Obtain a non O retirement (need place 800k in Thai bank. Yes you said you don't want to). Withdraw money as you wish. Money only needed in bank on the day you apply for non O

That gives 90 day stay. 

All up 6 months.

Or pay an agent ~ 25k for non O and extension or just the non O. Cost obviously less if no extension.

No money in bank required.

Edited by DrJack54

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Obtain a non O retirement (need place 800k in Thai bank. Yes you said you don't want to). Withdraw money as you wish. Money only needed in bank on the day you apply for non O

If the Danish Embassy do provide documentation for income/money in a Danish bank, shouldn't that negate the requirement for money in a Thai bank?