Tot Local Call Charges To Cs Loxinfo

dalmatian

For the last few months my TOT local call charges have rocketed. They used to be around the 150 -250 baht mark but now are between baht 348-786. I rarely use my landline for anything except internet access to CS Loxinfo using 038-360333. I have been to TOT Pattaya over my last 2 bills yet they can not give me an explanation of their call structure. I was under the impression that all local calls were 3 baht. They have told me that the calls to CS loxinfo using 038 access could be going via Rayong or other redirected numbers and that could explain the increase. They say that in fact the call could be redirected and instead of it being 3 baht for the duration of the call it could in fact be charging at 3 baht a minute. I admit that for the last few months I have been using the above number (says 56k, I am only on dial-up), before that I was using 038-258000. I use my mobile for all other local/international calls.

My bill 4 months ago was baht 561 (did not seek report)

My bill 3 months ago was baht 348 made up of 54 calls to the above number.

My bill 2 months ago was baht 624 made up of 86 calls to the above number.

My bill this month is baht 786, I am awaiting a report from Pattaya TOT on the calls made. Interestingly I was away for 2 weeks of the billing month!

The thing that I can not understand is that I get fobbed off with only a possible explanation of why the bills are high but not a factual costing of the calls. The computer sends out the bills but according to Pattaya TOT they can not tell me how much each call costs. If they advise me the actual cost of each call then I would be able to make an informed decision on whether the bill is correct or not and I would be far less stressed than I am now. It is the "not knowing" that agrieves me.

Does anybody out there have an idea of the actual cost of calls to CS loxinfo or whether or not calls lasting more than an hour cost twice/three times as much or whether certain 038 numbers could be charging per minute. 3 or four of my calls have been over 2 hours in duration. It's not the cost, it's the fact that TOT can not explain to me the bills cost structure, they just hope I go away which is what I do because it is a pointless exercise trying to get blood out of a stone.

I suppose I am concerned that my phone could be being used by TOT engineers with no charge to them. If somebody is utilising the line I am wondering if it would register a cost to the TOT computer system but not offer a phoned number because it was not made from my house but only remotely.

Any information or suggestions on actual call charges would be appreciated.

For the last few months my TOT local call charges have rocketed. They used to be around the 150 -250 baht mark but now are between baht 348-786. I rarely use my landline for anything except internet access to CS Loxinfo using 038-360333. I have been to TOT Pattaya over my last 2 bills yet they can not give me an explanation of their call structure. I was under the impression that all local calls were 3 baht. They have told me that the calls to CS loxinfo using 038 access could be going via Rayong or other redirected numbers and that could explain the increase. They say that in fact the call could be redirected and instead of it being 3 baht for the duration of the call it could in fact be charging at 3 baht a minute. I admit that for the last few months I have been using the above number (says 56k, I am only on dial-up), before that I was using 038-258000. I use my mobile for all other local/international calls.

My bill 4 months ago was baht 561 (did not seek report)

My bill 3 months ago was baht 348 made up of 54 calls to the above number.

My bill 2 months ago was baht 624 made up of 86 calls to the above number.

My bill this month is baht 786, I am awaiting a report from Pattaya TOT on the calls made. Interestingly I was away for 2 weeks of the billing month!

The thing that I can not understand is that I get fobbed off with only a possible explanation of why the bills are high but not a factual costing of the calls. The computer sends out the bills but according to Pattaya TOT they can not tell me how much each call costs. If they advise me the actual cost of each call then I would be able to make an informed decision on whether the bill is correct or not and I would be far less stressed than I am now. It is the "not knowing" that agrieves me.

Does anybody out there have an idea of the actual cost of calls to CS loxinfo or whether or not calls lasting more than an hour cost twice/three times as much or whether certain 038 numbers could be charging per minute. 3 or four of my calls have been over 2 hours in duration. It's not the cost, it's the fact that TOT can not explain to me the bills cost structure, they just hope I go away which is what I do because it is a pointless exercise trying to get blood out of a stone.

I suppose I am concerned that my phone could be being used by TOT engineers with no charge to them. If somebody is utilising the line I am wondering if it would register a cost to the TOT computer system but not offer a phoned number because it was not made from my house but only remotely.

Any information or suggestions on actual call charges would be appreciated.

I had the same thing happen to me with JInet, when their internet phone numbers were not working they gave me another number 038 no problem I thought same area number and bingo, no it was for a line from rayon which is much much more expensive, all they could say was sorry sorry as usual, you have argue and argue but you do not seem to get anywhere I have changed to ADSL much much better.

This sounds as though ToT are scamming you.

I had a problem with my Tot bills about a year ago - suddenly a lot of 'BKK mobile' calls started to appear on my account and I hadn't made those calls and neither had anyone else in my household.

I went to the ToT office more than once and they tried to fob me off with the old 'CSLox are redirecting your calls' rubbish. I got a complete call connection summary from CSLox and there was no correlation between my internet calls and the rogue calls on my bill. I suspected that it might have been a scam when they told me 'Sign up to ADSL and problem will go away'. Yeah, right!

Eventually, I got to see the manager at ToT and asked him to explain what was happening. He would admit nothing (surprise!) but, strangely, after that meeting, the rogue calls stopped. Been OK since but I never managed to get any refund from them. I never signed up to ADSL though - quite happy with my dial-up account.

Pretty sure that all local calls to CSLox will be charged at 3 Baht, by the way. Mine are.

DM

All the calls on the reports that have been given to me indicate only the Cs lox info access call numbers, there are no rogue call numbers, no mobile phone numbers, everything appears in order. When the bill comes to over 600 baht yet the report indicates only 86 calls then there is a discrepancy. TOT's explanation is that the 038 360333 number must go via Rayong which is more expensive than 3 baht but they can not tell me exactly how much each call costs. That is the thing that hacks me off, the computer issues a bill for a said amount but TOT staff can not give me the breakdown costs. The report shows the number, the date, the time, duration in secs and that's all. No cost breakdown.

I have changed the number to a number I used to use. I have also used 1288 which i have been advised is local TOT internet access which offers 2 hours for 3 baht although it is not as fast or reliabale as Cs loxinfo.

What is 1222, is this another local TOT access number.

Occasionally I pick up my phone and I can hear the line dialing, appearing to be to a fax. I am not connected at this time and I have pulled the connection cable from the telephone socket. This only appeared to start when I started using 1288 about 4 months ago. Since that time my bill has increased significantly. Could this have anything to do with the increase in bills. As everybody uses the same number to access TOT internet connection could it be that my phone line is picking up the tab for other users. It is not shown on my bill because i believe the number of calls and numbers dialed does correspond with my usage, it is just the cost that appears incorrect.

It has got to the point where ADSL would actually work out cheaper.

I'm not sure, but normally the bill should be itemized for everything which is billed different then a local call.

Basically if your bill says you have 86 local calls, this should turn up as an item costing 258 Baht.

To this you add 100 Baht line rental (107 incl. vat), or 139 Baht if caller ID is activated.

For any additional fees a second separate sheet should be in the envelop with your bill detailing where the charges come from...

Just as an aside are there any other local access comapnies other than Cs loxinfo that offers local call rates at 3 baht, I know TOT 1288 but any other packages like cs loxinfo.

Yes, there is...... sent via PM.