Pfizer jab?

Black arab

Hi all 

My wife has finally decided she wants a covid vaccine, but she wants either Pfizer or moderna

We are in chaiyaphum province, does anyone know where we could pay and get a vaccine relatively close to us . She has called two hospitals in khon Karen and they said they do not have.

As said, No Pfizer or Moderna.

Bangkok hospital is taking registration for the moderna, my sister in law just registered, at  3,300 for both shots, but from what I am reading in the news, it will take a couple of months to arrive.

I suggest she takes the Sinovac first shot with AZ second shot, it is a good alternative IMO with good protection, only be aware that if you are planning to travel out of the country , many destinations do no accept the combination. I know it is not in the list off allowed vaccines for the UK. 

In Buriram Province Thai women can receive Pfizer in September 2021, depending on their age and / or where they work. I have nieces who have received Pfizer due to age or where they work. My wife received Astra Zeneca at a local government hospital. My wife requested Pfizer at a Thai government hospital that had Pfizer the day before, but she did not meet the age or employment status to receive Pfizer. In EVERY province there is a process for Thai citizens to sign up in person and/or on line. You do not "phone it in".  Moderna is a vaccine I paid for at a reputable hospital in Korat. It is (or was) available to purchase in advance, with payment in full in advance from many reputable hospitals. However it may not be in my arm as a 3rd booster until December 2021 or January 2022. I know of expats who received Pfizer as a first vaccine in Surin Province, in September 2021, yet their Thai spouse with a US passport were turned down for Pfizer. However I know a UK expat who received Pfizer a month prior and his Thai wife with a UK passport did receive Pfizer in Surin at a government vaccination center. Different day, different staff, different results, but you can not "call it in".  The OP might suggest to his wife that she go to her local Government Hospital Covid 19 vaccination desk and in person inquire where to sign up, or what app to download and sign up. Village "health volunteers" are who signed up my wife and her family.  They did not need to travel to a hospital to sign up. 

Edited by kamalabob2