Complaints on COVID-19 Compensation Default

snoop1130

2-4-1536x1023.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 11 (TNA) – The Office of Insurance Commission received complaints from many people who have not received COVID-19 infection compensation from their insurance company.

Lawyer Ratchapol Sirisakhon brought the people to the OIC as an insurance company failed to pay compensation for their COVID-19 infections.

Chaiyuth Mangsri, OIC’s assistant secretary-general overseeing benefit protection, received the complaints and discussed the issue with affected people, the lawyer and representatives of the concerned insurance firm.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-801582

tnalogo.jpg
  • Haha 2

I normally self insure but I thought it was fairly likely I would get Covid within 12 months so I took out a policy for 1000 Baht with 200,000 Baht payment if I tested positive. They sent me a cover note and promised the full policy documents within 15 days. That was in April. I've emailed them about 10 times since asking for the policy documents. No reply to my emails. Girlfriend calls them multiple times and it goes to answering machine for 30 minutes until she gives up.

If this is what Thai Covid insurance is worth, don't bother.

• Thanks 1