Why are People on TV so ..... NICE?

GammaGlobulin

I don't know why they are so nice; they just are.

Seemingly, anytime I, or anyone, posts a topic on TV, in almost all cases, we only receive both approbation and affirmation, as well as support for our views.

This is a really NICE forum, which most people enjoy, free of charge.

After a few years, we get to know some posters, not by their real names, but by their profile names.

And then, they become, sort of, friends, in a weird way.

And, no doubt it is true, in some cases, weird friends become better friends than we might have in "Real Life".

The more we stay on TV, the more friends we will have, mostly weird, and weird in a very good way.

I love TV, same as you.

And, in fact, it is almost impossible for me to leave TV, even if I should wish to do so.

People ARE nice, on TV.

If they were not so nice, then very few would remain here.

Naturally, it is unavoidable that some posters might seem both Crazy and Nice. And, fortunately, even crazy people are accepted on TV, if not overly crazy.

At this very moment, I bet there are a few interesting people, no matter how seemingly crazy, posting important posts on TV, even though you might not know it.

And, at this moment, maybe your wife is up, and brewing your coffee, and scrambling your eggs, if she had not already done so, when your eggs required scrambling, last night.

It's pretty interesting to note just how lucky we all are to be in Thailand, no matter what hardships we must face, because.....in Thailand, no matter what.....

No matter what might happen, and no matter how dire the situation, at least..... at least, we are living somewhere in the best country on Earth.

Please believe me:  There is no better country on Earth, and please never forget this important point.

Sometimes, you might feel that the grass might be greener, if only you left Thailand for someplace like Montenegro.  OK. Fine. Go there, and see if you do not wish to return here.

We are all blessed, those who live here.

Not all, not COMPLETELY all, is totally hunky-dory. Yet, can anyone here, say truthfully, that we are not living a place which most closely approximates our heavenly ideal?

After quite a few years, all I can say is that I LOVE Thailand. Probably, almost everybody does.

In my opinion, most Thai people do not fully understand just how lucky they are, in so many ways.

There is ALWAYS a tradeoff, of course. And most critics do not understand this tradeoff. 

However, for quality of life, for most people, for the majority, Thailand is unbeatable.

Just my humble opinion as one who has been celibate for over 20 years, and one who has never visited a bar in Thailand, and probably never will.

Thai culture is great, compared to many other cultures.

However, this is a matter of preference.  If you do not like Thai culture, then go elsewhere, if your passport is still valid, and if you are not on some sort of international "watch list"

Just...sit back, and....enjoy.....if you will.

• Like 2

Also, while we are at it.....

For some reason, who knows why....

Some people who sling me barbs and arrows, or who might point slings and arrows my way.....

Please keep them coming...because...

On this forum, sometimes, the more slings and arrows, then the better our post, and the better we enjoy reading this forum.

So, sling away.

Please note:  In my humble opinion...NO ONE should take offense at anything said here in fun or in jest.

We all must remain respectful of others, no matter what we might write in any forum.

Criticism of ourselves should never be taken as an assault or an insult, but only a learning experience.

Also, in some cases, barbs, slings and arrows can signal approbation.

So, please feel free to sling at me, because my skin is such that I appreciate verbal attacks from all.

Anyway...thank you....as I say.

• Like 1

Actually, I have the feeling that this place has become more pleasant since the onset of some tougher competition. Many of the knee jerkers, have been quick to move their superficiality across to what seemed greener. I'll stay here and try to stay in tune with the revival of civilisation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Actually, I have the feeling that this place has become more pleasant since the onset of some tougher competition. Many of the knee jerkers, have been quick to move their superficiality across to what seemed greener. I'll stay here and try to stay in tune with the revival of civilisation.

Wow, Man:  Although you seem to speak obliquely...there is no doubt that everybody understands your reference.  So...good riddance, as you say.  

This forum is better now.

(Sorry to say, however, that I am still one of the dregs of the dregs, left over from years gone by.  Long live TV!  Take care!)

• Confused 1

On 10/11/2021 at 5:02 PM, Boomer6969 said:

I might add that the greener pastures aren't that green. 

On 10/12/2021 at 1:02 AM, Boomer6969 said:

By George, I think you're right! There are whole dedicated threads on the new 'tougher competition' that are the haven of the more antagonistic, clever dick former TV'ers moaning about how they were getting buggered about with and overly regulated on this forum. There's even a chap who spat the dummy on one of the smaller, Isaan-centric forums gurning about how everyone on that rather parochial internet backwater seemed to be best buddies with the moderator and they collectively had it in for him.

I signed up for the not so tough, new 'opposition' just to see what it was like and I posted maybe a dozen times. They mostly seem to think I am a nice chap so it's pretty obvious to me that they are still the same lot, trying to judge, label and pigeon hole people by what they type and what they say. I haven't been back in months but eventually, they'll build the same ignore lists as they did here.

23 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Just Google search on “second-rate forums if I get banned from Thaivisa”

If GammaGoblin gets banned, I am sure he will know that ‘fora’ is the plural, should he wish more erudite fellow exiles.

Fashionable and romantic, perhaps. But they soon learn that other places aren't so riveting and alternative.

The whole of the forum world has become somewhat homogenous.

4 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Nice......my English teacher informed the class that anyone using 'nice' as a descriptive word was either lazy or lacked the ability to find and use an appropriate description or phrase......sort of stuck in my mind all these years, so given the label 'nice' doesn't appeal as it means what exactly ????

As would the discretionary and dullard descriptive term, lovely 

Nice and lovely. Double your money. 

Alai Khadai. ????

On 10/12/2021 at 7:12 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Wow, Man:  Although you seem to speak obliquely...there is no doubt that everybody understands your reference.  So...good riddance, as you say.  

This forum is better now.

(Sorry to say, however, that I am still one of the dregs of the dregs, left over from years gone by.  Long live TV!  Take care!)

Your last sentence has me confused.

Quote "(Sorry to say, however, that I am still one of the dregs of the dregs, left over from years gone by.  Long live TV!  Take care!)

The reason I am confused is that you left over from years gone by, yet your avatar shows that you joined TVF on 23 July this year.

• Like 1