Water Tank.

NoshowJones

I have just discovered that the big water tank (I'm not sure of the right name for it) is empty, it has been replaced once, this one has been up for about ten years.

Is it possible it can be fixed easily, or is it more likely to need replaced?

18 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Is it possible it can be fixed easily, or is it more likely to need replaced

Is there a pump that goes with it that might not be pumping the water in from the street, happened to us once, had to replace the pump after 10 years, never an issue with the 2 x 1,000 litre water tanks.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Is there a pump that goes with it that might not be pumping the water in from the street, happened to us once, had to replace the pump after 10 years, never an issue with the 2 x 1,000 litre water tanks.

I don't know, but my wife has just informed me that the tank has filled up again.

58 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I don't know, but my wife has just informed me that the tank has filled up again.

If you live in a village, it's more than likely the pressure from the supply was turned down for a reason, we have been through that before and got us a small pump which fits to the bigger pump and it sucks the water from the street, especially when the supply has been slowed down. Don't think it's legal, but my wife said, do as others do, so we do just that, just wish I could burn stuff like they do, but coming from a country which banned it years ago, I just can't, maybe I could burn something that reeeeeks and have a strong fan blowing it in their direction, do you think they would pick up that I don't like smoke, probably not, thick as bricks some people,

Anyway, morning rant over as the smoke season hasn't even started ????

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

got us a small pump which fits to the bigger pump and it sucks the water from the street, especially when the supply has been slowed down. Don't think it's legal, but my wife said, do as others do, so we do just that,

It is not only against all water departments rules it is positively dangerous for you and anyone else on the same main.

All main water supplies leak a bit, some quite a bit, you little pump will create suction that will draw extra contamination into the supply, everything from tetanus, viruses, to faecal matter is possible. 

Add an extra low level tank for the supply to feed and use your little pump from the tank. Just because SWMBO told you to do it doesn’t make it right, sensible or a good idea.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1