Can I get my 2nd AZ jab in Korat?

grain

Had 1st AZ jab at MedPark in BKK a couple months ago, and have appointment for the 2nd jab at end of this month at MedPark. But a friend told me no need to drive to BKK (I live in Pak Thong Chai) I should be able to get that 2nd jab at a walk in vax center in Korat.

So does anyone know if I could walk in anywhere (Central Korat?) and get another jab of AZ (I don't want Pfizer, don't want to mix up) Any info for me?

You can ask, but fat chance. I have tried and tried to do essentially the same thing but no one even considers making it happen.

If you got jab #1 from a gov't event (e.g. Bang Sue) then your nearest gov't hospital may agree to edit you and your 2nd jab to the nearest and soonest gov't vaxxing event.

BUT, if you got jab #1 at a private hospital then no other private hospital will provide you with jab #2. I'm guessing this is because the the gov't already paid a package rate to the first hospital and would have to pay it all again to the one that is convenient to you.

At cynical moments, I think the database is fragile and no one wants to take the chance of crashing it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

You can ask, but fat chance. I have tried and tried to do essentially the same thing but no one even considers making it happen.

If you got jab #1 from a gov't event (e.g. Bang Sue) then your nearest gov't hospital may agree to edit you and your 2nd jab to the nearest and soonest gov't vaxxing event.

BUT, if you got jab #1 at a private hospital then no other private hospital will provide you with jab #2. I'm guessing this is because the the gov't already paid a package rate to the first hospital and would have to pay it all again to the one that is convenient to you.

At cynical moments, I think the database is fragile and no one wants to take the chance of crashing it.

Yep, that's pretty well what I thought too. Thanks for your reply and the info. To tell the truth I really don't mind driving to BKK and back, it's quite boring where I am so a trip to BKK gives me a change of scenery and something else to do for a day.