Phuket sandbox

? I wanted to ask this in a different way, So here it is I got a really good deal on a flight from USA to Phuket arriving on Dec 2nd, My intention is to arrive on the sandbox model. However with things that might be changing on Nov 1st with no quarantine. If the rules do change does anyone think if I still choose the Phuket sandbox model to get my COE that upon arrival I can change the rules and get tested upon arrival get the test results then hop on a flight to BKK and go on about my business with never completing the 7 day stay? Thank you 

If they do what have said they will be doing on November 1st their would no longer be a need for the sandbox if you are from one of the low risk countries.

You could travel to anywhere after you have gotten a negative covid 19 test.

• Thanks 1

Plenty will change between now and December. 

The ‘proposed’ Nov 1st lifting of Quarantine is for Thailand, not just arrivals to Bangkok. 

Thus: IF the CoE process remains in place my guess is that its likely to cover entry to Thailand in general. 

You can continue to hold whichever bookings you want and stay where you wish so long as you are fully vaccinated and from one of the 10 key countries (as yet unlisted).  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If they do what have said they will be doing on November 1st their would no longer be a need for the sandbox if you are from one of the low risk countries.

You could travel to anywhere after you have gotten a negative covid 19 test.

So, from 1/11, no need for sandbox or quarantine? What about other regulations?

I can’t find any info on the Embassy web page. For different visa they have a link to the Thai e-visa official site. And when I try to ask for 4 month/120 days stay, the answer comes back like this

You should apply for a TOURIST VISA from the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General. With a Tourist visa, you can stay in Thailand for no longer than 60 days. If you wish to stay in Thailand for more than 60 days, you can extend your stay with the Immigration Bureau.

Is that right, can I extend a tourist visa 60 more days? And would I be able to go on a return flight returning after 120 days on a 60 day visa?

Follow up should I choose to not change my flight plans because of costs and fly into HKT.  How long is it taking to process the RT-pcr test at the airport?

I would like to get results as quick as possible then fly on to BKK and then move on elsewhere and limit my hotel stay anywhere as much as possible.  Thank you

11 hours ago, bokningar said:

Is that right, can I extend a tourist visa 60 more days? And would I be able to go on a return flight returning after 120 days on a 60 day visa?

You can only apply for a 30 day extension of the 60 day entry from a tourist visa.

If you want to stay longer than 90 days you could apply for a special tourist visa (STV) that allows a 90 day entry that can be extended twice for 920 days.

• Thanks 1

I think you're flight continues on to BKK as mine did ,30 people got off in Phuket and the other 20 stayed on the plane and flew to BKK. So if things change contact the airline to stay on the plane and do your test in BKK, sorted. Enjoy.