trade in value

1FinickyOne

Dealers don't usually take trade ins in Thailand, but rather refer you to an independent that buys used cars. My GF got a pretty good price on her used 7 year old MItsubishi Mirage (135K baht) but the guy who bought it was referred by a cousin. Apparently many of these small cars are sent up to Issan area as there is a shortage of small affordable used cars, musch less choice than in BKK area. I truthfully expected only about 60-70K for that car so pleasant surprise. We asked at the Mazda dealer and they referred a guy who called and offered 100K if I remember. 

So ask the dealer to have someone call you and offer a price and see if it fits in with what you need. Otherwise can place an ad..but more hassle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is absolutely worth asking. I know the Isuzu dealer I got four pickups from the guys there were always trying to buy the old ones.

I think they quick-flipped them to the used car dealers. Take it to a used dealer and have them give you a price before you go to the new car dealer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, they would lay off the vehicle to an independant (as stated earlier) which gives you/the dealer a starting point for negotiation. Any further compromise would be defined by the value of your new purchase and their need to meet sales targets.