Tv Friday Nights Out

bazmlb

How original, KDF.... :o

I suggest we give the new beer garden a test drive - why not starting there?

original?

after my 20th time at Bert's (time to go back there soon for us, we do like it), I did not think this group cherished originality.

Secrets is good due to 4 things Beer Lao, taxi service to and from, wife friendly, and I'll leave number 4 to your fertile imagination.

Don Joe's is gud for location and food quality.

That said, Pete's place looks very interesting and good to support BM's efforts. Also 30 Baht for JD will get my vote EVERYTIME.

May try it tonight for opening, how about youse guys? Miss seeing y'all

kdf

I'll be there around 7:30 tonight. The Pattaya Beer Garden is located just before the entrance to walking street, just behind

the bar complex on the sea side of Beach road. To take a better look just key in pattaya beer garden and click on the first line.

See you all tonight at 7:30.

Barry

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yep, we gave it a test-ride!

Not a bad place to start out an evening in Walking Street. Prices are reasonable (on the opening night actially VERY reasonable) and I tried the burger which was tasty but tiny. The management took well note and said that the staff bought the wrong buns. Will try the burgers again in a week or so and report back.

Suggest to start tomorrow's Friday night out there.

Not a bad place to start out an evening in Walking Street. Prices are reasonable (on the opening night actially VERY reasonable) and I tried the burger which was tasty but tiny. The management took well note and said that the staff bought the wrong buns. Will try the burgers again in a week or so and report back.

Or,

start @ Berts, & fish & chips, then Beer garden from 9 - 11 (happy hour 30 baht anything (drinks)) ?????????????

The beer garden has some good things going for it, but will need some time to fix a few loose ends.

Please remember these comments are based on an opening night and will hopefully and probably change for the better. The owner is an experienced bar owner and I would expect this place to mature nicely.

Those that ordered food complained. All I had to do was look at it to avoid it. The only good they could say at the time was that the food was cheap,

which for me is of no import if the food is not good. At another table the eaters said that the food was very bland and one said hers was served cold.

This may get better as the proprietor was responsive to complaints, which is always a good sign.

Before the Thaivisa crew arrived, I noticed repeated wafts of fetid odor. I assume it was from the Pattaya sewer/ocean. Someone said it was from a water treatment plant nearby. Whatever the source this would keep me away, but it faded to nothing when I moved to join the TV gang.

The place has a great location with excellent views. I am concerned that it will need a fairly large crowd to feel right with its large open chic warehouse feel. That large crowd will likely be VERY loud in the

area bounded by hard reflective surfaces. The areas not under the metal roof will be quieter and with the great views can be quite pleasant.

30 Baht drinks are great! However warm beer Lao is not pleasant. I tried 2 different types of beer and neither were cold. Other beers served to our table later also suffered from lack of chill. JD in a glass worked fine thank you.

I will await reports regarding hoped for food and beer temperature improvements.

kdf

Or,

start @ Berts, & fish & chips, then Beer garden from 9 - 11 (happy hour 30 baht anything (drinks)) ?????????????

raros computer is down & not sure he can make it so shall we say - Berts around 7 F & C, then later up to the beer garden for a while whoever would like to come -

Screws

raro's computer is back.

I am thinking about joining the Mark memorial crowd at 7 pm - see the Ode to Mark thread. Mark was a good buddy of mine and I feel I should join this event.

raro

raro's computer is back.

I am thinking about joining the Mark memorial crowd at 7 pm - see the Ode to Mark thread. Mark was a good buddy of mine and I feel I should join this event.

raro

Had I known about Mark I would have been at the memorial myself - didn't learn what had happened till I got to Berts.

Yes I am here in Pattaya and looking forward to meeting up with you guys. So far have been very quiet and sober. Visited the cultural centre and the old bottle museum. Found a good bookstore for old crossword puzzles and such like. I hear there are a few bars in town suitable for someone of my refined cultural senisbilities and distinguished age group.

:o

CB

Yes I am here in Pattaya and looking forward to meeting up with you guys. So far have been very quiet and sober. Visited the cultural centre and the old bottle museum. Found a good bookstore for old crossword puzzles and such like. I hear there are a few bars in town suitable for someone of my refined cultural senisbilities and distinguished age group.

:o

CB

\

How about the Outback at 7PM for Dinner, than the Pattaya Beer Garden for happy hour, than soi 2 for jamming to top the evening off.

Barry

:D

CB

\

How about the Outback at 7PM for Dinner, than the Pattaya Beer Garden for happy hour, than soi 2 for jamming to top the evening off.

Barry

I will be there at 7pm at the Outback, at least the beers there will be cold and the food will be good :o

CB

\

Barry

I will be there at 7pm at the Outback, at least the beers there will be cold and the food will be good :o

you refer to the finger food?

CB

\

Barry

Sounds good to me - see you all then.

CB

Well I've done it now - attended my first Pattaya Friday night pissup (correction social evening).

Had a few quiet ales and the helped me to overcome my natural shyness to leave the security of the keyboard and meet real people in the real world. Can Pattaya be classified as being part of the real world?

It was a great night and I was pleased to meet up with some of the posters from down this way with whom I have corresponded only via the forums. Raro, Monty, Pattaya Fox and many others.

The Outback is a great venue - so good in fact that despite the best laid plans of mice and men most of the people stayed there instead of heading down to the Beer Garden etc. I think raro did head for soi 2 to check out the bands or that may have been just a ploy to depart with his liver still intact.

Thanks to all for making me welcome and looking forward to seeing you again.

cheers

CB

was a great night indeed as far as I remember and a high turnout of people. Good to meet Mr. Crowboy eventually!

Nope, I did not go to Soi 2 anymore, as my alien has abducted me.

Anyways, tonight 7:30 jamming at the Easyrider :o

Well I've done it now - attended my first Pattaya Friday night pissup (correction social evening).

Had a few quiet ales and the helped me to overcome my natural shyness to leave the security of the keyboard and meet real people in the real world. Can Pattaya be classified as being part of the real world?

It was a great night and I was pleased to meet up with some of the posters from down this way with whom I have corresponded only via the forums. Raro, Monty, Pattaya Fox and many others.

The Outback is a great venue - so good in fact that despite the best laid plans of mice and men most of the people stayed there instead of heading down to the Beer Garden etc. I think raro did head for soi 2 to check out the bands or that may have been just a ploy to depart with his liver still intact.

Thanks to all for making me welcome and looking forward to seeing you again.

cheers

CB

It was good to meet you and to see Pattaya Fox again. Looks like the Outback could become a regular Friday night venue.

Barry

Sorry guys, guess I have to cancel for tonight...cannot get further away than 2 min from the sh1tter and feel a bit like...

post-6036-1211011416_thumb.jpg

Very appropriate photo given some of the conversation about the gentleman pictured. Crowboy says he has a set of guitar strings from the man himself! :o

Sorry guys, guess I have to cancel for tonight...cannot get further away than 2 min from the sh1tter and feel a bit like...

post-6036-1211011416_thumb.jpg

Very appropriate photo given some of the conversation about the gentleman pictured. Crowboy says he has a set of guitar strings from the man himself! :o

That I do. The set I have are from his '52 telecaster with 5 strings. On that guitar he uses open G and the bottom string if detuned from standard E to G flops around like my exwife's arse so he leaves it out.

Strings are standard Fender nickel plated although he commonly uses GHS or Ernie Ball strings on other guitars.

Looking forward to the next social outing

CB

That I do. The set I have are from his '52 telecaster with 5 strings. On that guitar he uses open G and the bottom string if detuned from standard E to G flops around like my exwife's arse so he leaves it out.

Strings are standard Fender nickel plated although he commonly uses GHS or Ernie Ball strings on other guitars.

CB

The 6th string would be detuned from E to D, not G.....G tuning= DGDGBD. As you correctly stated he uses 5 strings and takes the Top string off, therefore he tunes down from A to G on the fifth string, which is not so slack and still respecatble, especially for an "ex-wifes" ass! :D . Glad to hear there are a lot of Keef fans out there. :o

CB

The 6th string would be detuned from E to D, not G.....G tuning= DGDGBD. As you correctly stated he uses 5 strings and takes the Top string off, therefore he tunes down from A to G on the fifth string, which is not so slack and still respecatble, especially for an "ex-wifes" ass! :D . Glad to hear there are a lot of Keef fans out there. :o

The 6th string would be detuned from E to D, not G.....G tuning= DGDGBD. As you correctly stated he uses 5 strings and takes the Top string off, therefore he tunes down from A to G on the fifth string, which is not so slack and still respecatble, especially for an "ex-wifes" ass! :D . Glad to hear there are a lot of Keef fans out there. :D

Wrong the tonic is G and the sound different - on my guitar I detune to D but that is a first inversion but I generally mute the string with my thumb folded over the top of the fretboard.

Kieth regularly removes the sixth to make it easier and there is a definite tonic quality to it. He got the idea from Ry Cooder who (incorrectly) claimed to have invented it.

Love Keith's playing - typically he plays standard tuning but now and then uses drop D. Honky Tonk Woman and Brown Sugar are in Open G and I prefer to copy his five string method with a small overdriven valve amp for the crunch. Obviously yuou play, would like to catch up and chat over a beer.

CB