Tv Friday Nights Out

bazmlb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in Patters at the moment Humph, so i'll try and make a meet up. Got to drive up to Chaiyaphum tomorrow to pick up the daughter but I'm hoping i can go there and back in a day.

A client of mine has intimated that he has need of a good, innovative project manager for a major project in Saudi, but will be willing to take me on until he can find such a guy. So I will probably only be a week in LOS before moving out again.

Where in Saudi will you be Humph? I'm in Riyadh and we have a good supply of the old grape juice and non alcoholic beer but with additives (if you know what i mean) :)

I had to go back twelve pages to find this thread - didn't find the proposed new thread.

Looks as if the whole idea has fallen by the wayside, which is a pity.

I am leaving Bunglerdesh tomorrow - Monday and staying at home in Pattaya for a few days.

A client of mine has intimated that he has need of a good, innovative project manager for a major project in Saudi, but will be willing to take me on until he can find such a guy. So I will probably only be a week in LOS before moving out again.

Meanwhile I would welcome a few drinking companions for a night or two in this coming week - last time I hosted a get-together in the Caddy Shack - this time I was thinking of Chica Boom in Soi 17 as an alternative venue.

If anyone is interested - please suggest which evening is the more suitable and whether we should go on to other venues, or what. Snacks will be available - drinks will cost you - although I may ring the bell once or twice.

Any takers ??

Sounds good, I will be there

What day of the week?

Are we still looking at Fridays, or is another evening more convenient?

Or should I spend every night next week at Chica Boom? (The wife may not agree to that)

as long as you keep ringing the bell, the idea of spending every night at Chica Boom sounds quite intriguing..

I'm in Patters at the moment Humph, so i'll try and make a meet up. Got to drive up to Chaiyaphum tomorrow to pick up the daughter but I'm hoping i can go there and back in a day.

Where in Saudi will you be Humph? I'm in Riyadh and we have a good supply of the old grape juice and non alcoholic beer but with additives (if you know what i mean) :)

If the job comes through - I'll be in Ras Tanura.

I'm used to Saudi Aramco and their ways of working, so this is just a simple standard job. Worked in Juaymah previously and have worked with many guys from Ras Tanura.

I tend to steer clear of all home-brew products, after opening some bottles and finding dead cockroaches in the sludge at the bottom.

Chica Boom sounds like an interesting new idea. Where is it on Soi 17?

next to tiggle bittes about 100 m from 3rd road

A touch more than 100 metres, I would suggest.

If you're coming from Sai Sam (Third Road) it is on the right - big black and red sign jutting out from the building.

It is at the start of the dozens of new shop-houses that have sprung up over the past two or three years.

Yesterday they re-laid the patio out front. Hope it's finished.

Looks like about half a dozen at the moment - we'll see on the night.

They have what is laughingly called a happy hour up until 8 o'clock, many bottled beers at 60B. Draft is 50B

Saturday and Sunday is an all-you-can-eat buffet advertised. Never tried it.

I'm just here for the beer.

Eden (The old Harley Bar) next to Caddy Shack seems very popular now Kineree is closed for good.

Well it's walking distance from there. I live halfway between the two.

Miss the old Harley atmosphere.

I was thinking of the Caddy Shack, which I used before, but for those of you who can't give up smoking, the CS facility is either the courtyard or the diner-on-the-street. Can't mix with the chaps at all.

CB is enclosed, but if there are smokers we can go next door to Tigglebitties Tavern, which is fan-cooled - open at the sides.

Well, it's Thursday and I'm sitting in Caddy Shack using Keith's free wifi. He's a good lad.

This thread has slipped back to page 2 and I cannot allow that.

Response hasn't been high, but for those hardy few who have replied - I will order up some snacks for about half a dozen people in the Chica Boom bar for about 7.00 to 7.30 (Friday 22nd May 2009) and we'll see what happens from there.

I'll be there a little earlier to make sure that all runs smoothly ( :):D:D ) and of course anyone else is welcome to drop in on the spur of the moment.

SWRWS birthday is Friday, so my plans happily focus on her.

kdf

my warmest regards and wishes and all the best and whatever else to SWRWS! Hope to have her around for some rounds of her favourite sedative anytime soon!

SWRWS birthday is Friday, so my plans happily focus on her.

kdf

my warmest regards and wishes and all the best and whatever else to SWRWS! Hope to have her around for some rounds of her favourite sedative anytime soon!

Thanks muchly, she enjoyed your message. Doc again on Mon. then amply supplied off for a b-day trip, then we MUST get together. Hello to your better half and thanks for her call,

started SWRWS's day off well.

Enjoy Friday everyone.

kdf

OK - latest update.

I was in Chica Boom last night - solely for the purpose of research you inderstand - and can update as follows :

Despite the sign outside saying 'Pub & Restaurant ' there is no food availble. I tried to find out how their "All you can eat" buffet on Sat/Sun worked, but no avail.

I will try to get hold of sandwiches.

Draft Tiger / draft heineiken available.

Plenty of bottled beer.

Smoking in the bar is not only permitted, it seems to be de rigeur.

Thats about it.

Tigglebitties next door does serve food.

I'll be there, near the bar and chrome pole feature (seems not to be used - any volunteers?) from about 6.30

Regards ....

Bugger. Got waylaid and forgot about the meet up. Anyone turn up Humph?

Nope - rotten lot.

One guy in hooped red top and jeans did look in the window, but despite my waving in a "Hello Sailor" type of besture he didn't come in.

I was there erom 6.30 to past eight, drinking draft Tiger, watching that great British tennis hopeful Anne Kheotuhkran (or similar) in the Waesaw Open.

Now I'm back in Caddy Sgack making use of Keith's free wifi. (to paying guests). Very fast - have to ind out his supplier.

Sorry about that, but you may have the record. Good try, although a hello sailor wave may be beyond the call of duty, unless of course saying hello to sailors was part of the game plan. A record is worth something anyway.

I remember 1 Friday night, with free food, that there was 3 of us, but that is as bad as I have seen and that was right on Beach road near Jomtien, so easy to get to.

Whole thing seems difficult these days. Some of the better party animals moved, some to the darkside and some to Korat.

Some like me need a ride or to be close to a baht bus run and a notable one or 2 travel a lot for work. Used to be 8-12 folks on a good Friday, now 4-6.

The best attendance usually is PBG and a chrome pole inspection. Works for me.

If SWRWS recovers, we may make next Friday.

kdf

Sorry about that, but you may have the record. Good try, although a hello sailor wave may be beyond the call of duty, unless of course saying hello to sailors was part of the game plan. A record is worth something anyway.

I remember 1 Friday night, with free food, that there was 3 of us, but that is as bad as I have seen and that was right on Beach road near Jomtien, so easy to get to.

Whole thing seems difficult these days. Some of the better party animals moved, some to the darkside and some to Korat.

Some like me need a ride or to be close to a baht bus run and a notable one or 2 travel a lot for work. Used to be 8-12 folks on a good Friday, now 4-6.

The best attendance usually is PBG and a chrome pole inspection. Works for me.

If SWRWS recovers, we may make next Friday.

kdf

Travel is a problem.

I walk most places - daily Suksabai Villa to Tukcom area and back - sometimes to Car4 and even to Soi 6 or Big C. But this is now a rain risk so have to be more careful of where and when.

Keeps me fit and thirsty.

we went there at around 9:30 but the place was empty. Phil Connors and me had dinner at Bert's - I was about posting this on the board but jst a second I finished the post my internet crapped out again and lacking your phone number we couldn't get in touch with you.

Bugger...would have been great to meet up!

summarizing, the Friday night out gang is not what it used to be!

Sorry HB, first time able to connect, TOT and TiT if you know what I mean, but we were at a birthday do on Friday, big big shame really cos would have been great to be back in our old stomping ground, and the last do you hosted at the Caddy Shack was great. Hope you do not ake it as a personal affront but the Friday night things have gone way downhill of late(for me'n begsaresponse anyways having many other social commitments which always seem to occurr on Fridays and mostly include free alcohol, so who could refuse??). Keep us posted on your location and if in town we would love to catch up and if in your locale have the chance to say hi to Frank and Mai in our ex-local.

I'm standing-by for a new posting - waiting for the letter of invitation so that I can pick up a visa.

Cannot say from day to day what I'm doing, so I'll catch up with all as and when.

No problems - it gave me an excuse for a few evenings in Chica Boom, at least!

Gang, listen up!

Tonight is FREE buffet at the moonriver pub, provided you consume 2 (two!) drinks. From faint memory I am sure that this is not really a challenge for you.

Phil Conners and me gave it a try already earlier this week and it is reasonably good, especially the desserts are noteworthy!

We'll be there at about 7 pm with the ladies in tow.

Will be at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for the British Chamber Networking function tonight, maybe catch up later.

That is 1,000 Baht for non-members...are you sure?

Yes, 300b for members or 1,000b for non members.

Sounds good, but we will have to give it a miss.

Just back from the big Mango and too pooped to have a pop anywhere but the homestead. How long is this going on? What is the food like?

Have fun and do anything I would do.

kdf

• 1 year later...