Hanes underwear in Chiang Mai?

CALSinCM

I prefer to wear Hanes Comfort Fit underwear because, well, they fit and they are comfortable.

I usually have friends bring stuff like that over from the US, but with Covid - I doubt those friends will be coming here any longer as they are exactly the kind that TAT head Yuthasak says he doesn't want. 

I simply can't wear Thai made underwear even though I only wear Medium sizes that are sold in the US.

I tried to order some from Amazon.  Plugged all the location info in and got shipping prices but when I attempted to order - (as usual) No Ship To Thailand. 

So, is there any place in CM that sells farang sized Hanes (Comfort Fit if I can get them) or has anyone had success buying them from an online retailer other than Amazon? 

2 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

I buy them from Lazada, I think they ship out of Korea

I looked on Lazada but the only "Hanes" items I see are the type of underwear which are made for No-Butt Thai guys who weight 70kg or less.
These are the typical types of underwear you can find everywhere.
Unfortunately, it's like packing a cucumber into a bag designed for a string bean.  And Iike I said - I wear Hanes Comfort Fit medium underwear. 

Lazada won't work.  Been there - seen that.  But, I appreciate the reply. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cnx1204 said:

I seem to remember buying them at Central Dept Store, Central Festival, a few years ago.

I talked to the wife today about that.  Maybe Robinsons? (I think that's the name of a high-end store).   I'm not a mall shopper.  But there are some places in CM that sell 'farang sized' stuff.  There use to be a place up on Huay Kaow Rd but it's been a lot of years since I shopped there. 

You can purchase any Hanes products through, I think it is called "Border Free" - - I did once and it all went smoothly... I think it took maybe 10 days or something like that.. I think there was a minimum but let me know and I will share an order w/you... I get ads from them every other day... I like the boxer briefs and the cheapest cotton ones are the best.. last time I bought some T shirts too but they are a bit heavier cotton then I like.. 

You can pm me and I will try and get the link for you... 

Ha- exact same boat here.????  I've looked, and haven't found them here.  You may have to bite the bullet and get them on Amazon or similar seller, where five or six pairs of briefs (depending on style) will run ~1200bt with shipping and import fees, which is highway robbery for underwear, but it beats the local alternatives.

I did a couple of price comparisons between the Hanes site and Amazon- they're about the same.  Unfortunately, besides having to pay for international shipping, they both hit you with an upfront import tax fee (Amazon used to have different options where they'd give the buyer a choice of paying upfront or on delivery, but not anymore that I've seen- they probably got tired of people refusing packages due to the extra cost).  What's strange is that (at least on Amazon) the import fees don't seem consistent- sometimes they're ~10% of the  purchase/shipping price (like for basic tighty-whities), or more than 40% for boxer-briefs- there's no set percentage.

I know they'll refund what's left over if the import fee is less than their upfront charge, but I can't figure out how they set it.

• Like 1

Regarding the supposed customs fees that Amazon charges: Some months ago, I won a small battle with one of the world's largest corporations.  I'd ordered a couple of books--just books and nothing else--through Amazon.  As usual, they imposed an import tax with the promise that they'd refund whatever portion of the fee that wasn't required.  (The refund part is mostly true, but who really knows how that amount is determined?)

Anyway, after placing the order, I contacted Amazon's customer service department and told them that Thailand imposes no fees on importing books--at least in the small quantity I was wanting.  I told them that I wanted the full amount of the fee reimbursed.  I even let them know that I considered it a scam on their part.  They said that they'd have to pass my concern along to their legal department for further consideration.  Fine with me.

It took a few days and another phone call, but I won.  Amazon returned the full amount of the fee to my credit card.

One would think that with the superhuman computers and technicians employed by Amazon, they'd be able to sort through all the customs charges imposed by every country, and program their computers accordingly. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MrBrad said:

One would think that with the superhuman computers and technicians employed by Amazon, they'd be able to sort through all the customs charges imposed by every country, and program their computers accordingly. 

They are hoping that their customers are either too lazy or too stupid to check, and apply for the refund.

Like car makers and safety recalls - cheaper to pay for the few that complain that for the thousands effected.

29 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

So just buy the underwear or do not.  Or do you want to know how Hanes sets their prices too?

Prices for Hanes underwear itself doesn't vary much from seller to seller, so, no, I'm not curious how their prices are set- however I'm interested in how various companies set their estimated import taxes based on the Thai rules, as I live here and occasionally order stuff from overseas- it seems weird that they vary, even when it comes to the same item.  You'd think there'd be a standard, like 'underwear- 30% (or whatever)', but, it would appear, that's not the case.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:38 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

You can purchase any Hanes products through, I think it is called "Border Free" - - I did once and it all went smoothly... I think it took maybe 10 days or something like that.. I think there was a minimum but let me know and I will share an order w/you... I get ads from them every other day... I like the boxer briefs and the cheapest cotton ones are the best.. last time I bought some T shirts too but they are a bit heavier cotton then I like.. 

You can pm me and I will try and get the link for you... 

I checked them out.  Limited selection at a price. Thanks!

I just ordered Hanes Comfort Fit underwear from Amazon yesterday. No problem shipping to Thailand.

I often order from Amazon, and they usually add on Import duties. BUT... for almost every order, I have had a refund of most of those fees (except for high-dollar electronics,) returned to my credit card without needing to apply for them. Amazon makes enough profit without needing to cheat its customers. I've never had a problem with them in 25 years, either with Amazon US or Amazon Japan.

Faced with this issue I recently bought lots of different brands/models from lazada/shoppee/jdcentral. All cheap, and normally made for the asian/third world market. Typically have to buy them 2 to 3 sizes bigger than normal. Eventually I found a brand/model that I was happy with. The advantage is that in the future I can buy more of the same easily and cheaply. The one I chose normally costs about 90b each (or double that in Robinson/Central). In my case it was an international brand (Jockey), albeit an asian model. I probably only spent 2000b on this experiment, while previously I was spending some multiple of that every couple of years.