Allegedly intoxicated Korean driver crashes into Pattaya traffic light during curfew

Jonathan Fairfield

243492791_4557150924328298_7667445621827743501_n.jpeg

An allegedly intoxicated Korean driver has sustained minor injuries after crashing into a traffic light in Pattaya last night during a Covid-19 curfew (October 15th).

The Pattaya City Police was notified of the accident at 10:50 P.M. on Sukhumvit Road in Central Pattaya in Nongprue. This is, TPN media notes, during a mandatory Covid-19 curfew period from 10:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M. The curfew, however, has changed to 11:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M. as of today, October 16th, 2021. It is unknown if the driver had a permit to be out during this time period.

Pattaya City Police arrived at the scene to find a damaged black sedan and a damaged road sign.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/16/allegedly-intoxicated-korean-driver-crashes-into-pattaya-traffic-light-during-curfew/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Can anyone explain to me the point of having a curfew when no-one enforces it. We seem to read every day of people, usually drunk, crashing their car long after 'lights out'.

Only the after curfew hours make it to press these days... otherwise it's 24 hours free-for-all as usual.

• Sad 1

On 10/16/2021 at 10:04 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

allegedly intoxicated Korean driver

On 10/17/2021 at 3:11 AM, toofarnorth said:

If the Pattaya City Police is a unit as implied by the Caps. was is fine ...just glad I don't live there.

Allegedly intoxicated Korean driver

Was the driver Allegedly intoxicated, or Allegedly Korean? ????

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2021 at 12:25 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Can anyone explain to me the point of having a curfew when no-one enforces it. We seem to read every day of people, usually drunk, crashing their car long after 'lights out'.

No we don't read anything of the sort which is why this incident makes the news. Curfew is easily enforced and rigorously enforced here in Pattaya

5 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Where is your 'sarcasm' emoji?

There is no sarcasm. I live in Pattaya. The streets are empty by the start of curfew. People are scared of the police and scared of being arrested and taken to the Covid police station. If you can prove different go out and take videos of Walking St, Pratumnak, Soi Buakhao, Beach Rd, 2nd Road etc after curfew time. But be careful  You will be the only one out in the street.

Edited by The Hammer2021

28 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No we don't read anything of the sort which is why this incident makes the news. Curfew is easily enforced and rigorously enforced here in Pattaya

You don't read doesn't mean that others don't. And that includes about incidents in Pattaya.

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

There is no sarcasm. I live in Pattaya. The streets are empty by the start of curfew. People are scared of the police and scared of being arrested and taken to the Covid police station. If you can prove different go out and take videos of Walking St, Pratumnak, Soi Buakhao, Beach Rd, 2nd Road etc after curfew time. But be careful  You will be the only one out in the street.

What you wrote was this;

Maybe you live in a different Pattaya. I know different. There is no one on Walking Street even in the daytime; so that is just a nonsensical suggestion.

I'm not sure that you are in Pattaya at all.

Let's do it this way; if you promise to donate 1000 baht to a charity of my choice I will produce video evidence to demonstrate to you very clearly that you are wrong. Ready to back up your statement with substance?