Small plastic piece for PCX 2009

Jonathan99

i bought a second hand PCX 125 2009 model and need to replace the little plastic/glass of the Gas gauge at the dashboard, there are  some marking/discoloration on it and it is almost completely hiding the gas meter)  the piece I mean is marked in the red circle in this photo: https://imgur.com/a/e5cb7HV. - (this is not my bike)

the shop I went to told me I will need to order this piece from somewhere, anyone have any idea where I can order it from or what's the name of it?  thanks in advance!

edit: is this what i need? https://shopee.co.th/product/196058574/8537361247

Edited by Jonathan99

The parts list doesn't show the price but it may not be the lens it maybe the fuel gauge itself. 

Go to a large Honda dealer and be prepared buy a new instrument cluster. The lens itself is a separate part but the on-line parts list doesn't show the number or price. 

If you are handy you could take the whole thing apart and have a look.

My PCX manual shows lens assembly -

37211-KWN-901 LENS ASSY.

Think this is the complete plastic lens covering the whole "meter complete" as Honda calls the gauge cluster

37202-KWN-901 packing - is the gasket surrounding the cluster

For a 2009 model I think most large roadside MC shops will have an aftermarket part.  Certainly here in Patts I replaced panels after a lowside.

Try polishing the plastic screen with a cutting compound - it may just be faded or worn - I used to carry a water bottle there and the mini vibrations made the plastic go opaque.

Or it may be water getting behind the outer plastic and fogging the gauge itself.  If so, a large MC roadside shop could probably sort you out. 

If you're in Patts I suggest the shop on Pattaya Klang, about 30M up from 3rd Road heading away from the beach - a favorite place of the Thais and their parts assortment puts the Honda and Yamaha dealers to shame.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

The parts list doesn't show the price but it may not be the lens it maybe the fuel gauge itself. 

Go to a large Honda dealer and be prepared buy a new instrument cluster. The lens itself is a separate part but the on-line parts list doesn't show the number or price. 

If you are handy you could take the whole thing apart and have a look.

An after thought.

It is probably the LCD display itself, after being left in the sun for all those years. See origin below. spacer.png

Again if it were me I'd go to a Honda main dealer.

Or carry an old oil 1l container of fuel under the seat and simply ride until it runs out.

Can't use the odometer as a guide because it is in the same LCD display? 

Edited by VocalNeal