How soon can I renew NON-0 Retirement Extension at Jomtien Immigration?

I was told today that Jomtien Immigration will accept renewal retirement extension applications up to 60 days before the expiry date.

I am slightly sceptical because I thought that the Immigration 'rule' was 45 days and that Jomtien worked on 30 days.

Is anyone able to confirm this change from personal experience please.

12 minutes ago, itsallmine68 said:

Its quite simple after an invention more than a 100 years ago. CALL THEM AND ASK

You are a sarcastic fookwit.

If you read the thread I did ask them.....my skepticism was seeking confirmation from person experience .....your contribution was a waste of time.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/20/2021 at 9:10 PM, hotandsticky said:
I was told today that Jomtien Immigration will accept renewal retirement extension applications up to 60 days before the expiry date.

Did you ever manage to confirm this for Jomtien Immigration?

If its 30 days before but not within 15days before expirey only gives a 2 week window for renewal!

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Nightf said:

Did you ever manage to confirm this for Jomtien Immigration?

If its 30 days before but not within 15days before expirey only gives a 2 week window for renewal!

I believe you are mixin' up two completely different things

As a rule at Jomtien immigration office you can apply for a new extension any time you have 30 days or LESS left on your current stamp (Agents can get it up to 90 days before your current expiration date).. What that means for most people is that you can apply for a new extension a month before it expires right down to the last day your stamp is good for <- again that is to apply for an EXTENSION OF STAY..

What you're talking about with that "15 days before the expiration date" is the time you need on a free 30 day entry / 60 day tourist visa stamp to apply for a 90 day VISA at that office.. Because the application goes under review for 14 days before you go back and get the visa and new 90 day stamp inked in 

Two completely different time lines for completely different things ????  

And you could have just made a new post asking rather than dredging up one from 2021 ????

Yes I am confused - thanks for putting me straight.

I think I will try Jomtiem at 40 days because after this I am travelling for a few weeks. If not will have to do it in the last week.

> And you could have just made a new post asking rather than

> dredging up one from 2021 ????

This thread is in the top results for Google search. For Joe User like me its frustrating that searches return old forum threads while new forum threads take ages to get indexed. So old info is out there for longer. An updated old thread kinda seems like having all the info in the same place. But I am noob so will take your advice and create new posts in future. Thanks again.

• Like 1