How much is Expatvac?

14 minutes ago, Denim said:

It's free and registration online is , for a change , very simple.

From getting confirmation email to first jab was 4 weeks in my case although this may vary . Two Pfitzer shots.

Four weeks? For first one? Wow up to 2 months for 2... Or do you think that was because of the intial rush back when it opened up? Maybe now the demand has died down and it's a bit faster?

9 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Four weeks? For first one? Wow up to 2 months for 2... Or do you think that was because of the intial rush back when it opened up? Maybe now the demand has died down and it's a bit faster?

I was slow off the mark because I had booked Moderna which failed to materialize . 4 weeks to first, second jab 3 weeks later ( next week in fact ). An important thing for me is that I didn't have to leave our province to get it.

Could have had sinovac plus Astra earlier but I needed something I could easily travel with.

"Have a choice between spending 2000 baht for a vaccine at a hospital or using the Expatvac.org program .. is that program free and how long does it take to get both shots and how cumbersome is the process?"

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

Depends on your location?

What vaccine is 2,000 Baht, sounds like Sinopharm?

Edited by Chris.B

27 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I got my 2nd AZ today at Central Festival. All went smoothly and very well organised. A variety of vaccines were offered. Both Thais and Foreigners were being jabbed.

Which area?

As noted depending on location?  you can sign up no harm meantime depending on your location if you are an expat old over 60 years of age walk into a location tell them you been under a rock and not know anything it might just go your way and get the pfizer?????

18 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

It varies depending on where you are. I phoned my nearby branch of Bangkok hospital Saturday morning, emailed my documents a little later, that afternoon I got a call and got my first shot the following Sunday at 10:30. So for me 24 hours from registration to vaccination.  This is in northern Isaan, vaccination in KK.

As with all things Thai YMMV TIT

Been registered for over a month now and not heard a thing.

I'm in Chiang Rai and would gladly pay for something decent.

Moderna paid for but I'm 22 000 plus on the list.

Getting to the stage where I might have to bite the bullet and go for the Sinovac/AZ combo.

30 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Been registered for over a month now and not heard a thing.

I'm in Chiang Rai and would gladly pay for something decent.

Moderna paid for but I'm 22 000 plus on the list.

Getting to the stage where I might have to bite the bullet and go for the Sinovac/AZ combo.

I too despaired of getting included in the program here in Loei. Then, out of the blue , I had a call to come in to the main hospital in the capital. 

First jab was two weeks ago, the second is next Friday. 

I've also paid for Moderna for sometime in the future. Unless I can convert it to a booster, and the timeline fits, that money is wasted.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I too despaired of getting included in the program here in Loei. Then, out of the blue , I had a call to come in to the main hospital in the capital. 

First jab was two weeks ago, the second is next Friday. 

I've also paid for Moderna for sometime in the future. Unless I can convert it to a booster, and the timeline fits, that money is wasted.

Good to hear mate.

Can you tell me how long you had to wait and what shot you received?

I imagine there will be quite a lot of people willing to sell their Moderna places in the queue, so I will keep an eye out.

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

Good to hear mate.

Can you tell me how long you had to wait and what shot you received?

I imagine there will be quite a lot of people willing to sell their Moderna places in the queue, so I will keep an eye out.

Will, I registered in the first days of the program's start. Beginning of September or was it August? Not sure now.   Pfizer.

I noted that my call up came shortly after a new batch of Pfizer (2 mill doses) was met, with much publicity, at the airport by Anutin. The first lot didn't seem to stretch very far for some reason. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MrMilk said:

I would pay the 2000 without hesitation. Why continue waiting just to save 2000 baht. Its been 1,5 year already

I paid 3,500 for the moderna I'll probably never get.

Now getting Pfizer for free, c'est la vie.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

My Pfizer from expat.vac 3 weeks apart. 2nd one over a month ago. Was in the 1st list of registrations.???????????????? ????????????????

20 hours ago, Denim said:

It's free and registration online is , for a change , very simple.

From getting confirmation email to first jab was 4 weeks in my case although this may vary . Two Pfitzer shots.

As Denim has already stated, the service is Free, and the Online registration is easy ( even I managed it without the help of my Daughter )

I registered 25 September and got First Jab of Pfizer on 15th October at Central festival Pattaya.

Second jab appointment on 4 th November at the same venue.

I have to state that I am over 60 Years old, and maybe this had something to do with the rapid and efficient service, from the Government App, right through to the Doctor of Bangkok Pattaya Hospital that administered the jab.

Fast and efficient service _ well done and thank you to all involved.

4 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Is there a type of visa requirement to get it on expatvac

As it says on the website, and which somebody has pasted above....Non O or permanent residency. So  a tourist visa or COVID extension is no good. From registration to first jab for me was about 6 weeks, but for at least half that the Pfizer hadn’t even arrived in the country so once it was here the process was quite quick....and remarkably well organized ( here in Ubon at least).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elcaro said:

I still have not heard from expatvac. In the end had to go down the sinovac Astra road. Had my sinovac but the astra is finished so still waiting for my second shot

I never heard from them either, it was the local hospital that rang me, as with a few other ex-pats i met there. 

Has anyone managed to register with expatvac in the last few weeks ? I tried to register my friend using my laptop, his e-mail, as soon as i put in his e-mail address, i got a message;    an e-mail will be sent.  more than a month later NOTHING ! 

9 minutes ago, Issanman said:

I am out in the sticks and I am still waiting since Aug 2. 

Age over 60.

I can only recommend you ask at your local health centre/hospital or Tessabahn  if they have anything relating to your name , expatvac send their vaccination slots by a variety of mediums, email, sms or phone call.

I am not out in the sticks but my expatvac appointment came via a regular email ( just a Thai female name no indication of any organisation ) and my name was spotted on a Tessabahn list by my neighbour.

• Thanks 1

Huahin. I registered on the expatvac web site third week of August. Notified immediately of successful registration.

Ten days later notified of appointment for first shot, got that Sept 9. Notified a few days before and got my second shot Sept 28. A few days later got  certification document my email with QR code. All from Bangkok Hospital. Took that to the State Hospital and paid 200thb for passport card which I should receive within a month or so from Sept 30.

All Pfizer, all free, very professional service, very orderly, very quick for both jabs. No long lines. Been here five years and this was the most efficient and effective interaction I've had with Thai authorities.

I am impressed and appreciative. My USA taxes paid for the donated Vax so I'm proud of that too.