Cheap border run March 2022

3 minutes ago, poyai111 said:

Laos is highly recommended but one night's stay is required. Submit passport and application on the first day and pick it up the next. Done and dusted!

OP, only needs exit and reenter.

With a non O-A he can obtain 12 month stamp upon reentry

• Like 2

I did my border run ( to gain my 2nd year from OA ) back in Sept 2017 at Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing , 1hr west of Kanchanaburi . Enter Myanmar, get stamp and return back to border , takes less than 30 minutes and cost around 1000 baht. I will be looking there again to kill my OA if possible in light of the increase in insurance requirement.

Of course, this is all irrelevant under the current situation and as stated above by @jackdd wait until February.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Wake Up said:

any cheap one day bus or plane trips anyone has taken before Covid so that I can think about this issue in February and make some plans. Remember some guys used to go to Lao or Cambodia for border runs but I have never actually experienced that before. Take care Thanks

Assuming next year border crossings are fully open, then a bus trip east from Bangkok to Cambodia is your best bet, use the Aranyaprathet border crossing point.

Easily a day trip from BKK.

Get the Cambodia entry permit at the office which is sited there, I think 1,000 baht then cross over and return [small fee for the Thai officer at the gate] get your re-entry stamp.

However you must keep an eye on Thai restrictions on re-entry next year.

Double vaxxed for sure and possibly the PCR test will still be required?

Edited by hotchilli
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Assuming next year border crossings are fully open, then a bus trip east from Bangkok to Cambodia is your best bet, use the Aranyaprathet border crossing point.

Easily a day trip from BKK.

Get the Cambodia entry permit at the office which is sited there, I think 1,000 baht then cross over and return [small fee for the Thai officer at the gate] get your re-entry stamp.

However you must keep an eye on Thai restrictions on re-entry next year.

Double vaxxed for sure and possibly the PCR test will still be required?

Exactly the information I need assuming border opening and Thai restrictions. One day bus trip would be great.  Thank you. ????

• Like 1