Hua Hin: Hoteliers expecting bonanza for four day holiday weekend

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

Manager reported that hoteliers and resort owners in the seaside town of Hua Hin were predicting a busy four days this long weekend.

Hoteliers' association chief and owner of the Baan Talay Dao resort said that from yesterday night to Sunday night he had 95% capacity, mostly Thais with 60% availing themselves of Phase 3 of the Let's Travel Together scheme.

His patrons were prepared to pay 3,800 baht a night at the 32 room facility on the beach.

He said that in the rest of Hua Hin there was expected to be 80-90% capacity in hotels and resorts.

His resort is insisting on double vaxxed customers only.

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager

Sudarak Komonkitisakul at Milano Hotel said they had 50% capacity, mostly Thai families.

Their promotion until the end of December is down from 1,800 including breakfast to just 1,000 without breakfast. 

She said all her staff had been double vaccinated and she expected customers to follow all protocols whether they had been vaccinated or not. 

It appeared from the Manager report that they were not insisting on this among their clients, notes ASEAN NOW.

Meanwhile other resorts were busy putting up signage about staff having been jabbed twice as the crowds made their way to the seaside destination. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-10-22

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

26 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Another long weekend?

Prices are crazy in HH. I checked for this week, school mid-term but something decent was well overpriced.

Yes, I looked a week before the 40% Thai discount was coming up, then a day before and I saw a 40% increase, so we are staying put, no point playing into their greedy palms, let the suckers fall for it.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

but how can this be?!

the bars are closed.. the restaurants are dry.. and the girls are safely tucked up in issan..

it just does not compute ????????

40% government discount, "We Travel Together" for Thai's or one of those government promotions to kickstart the hotels, and it's working, funny thing is these clowns don't know that the hotels that I looked at raised their prices by 40%.

36 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

but how can this be?!

the bars are closed.. the restaurants are dry.. and the girls are safely tucked up in issan..

Yes it does.

Lots of Thai domestic tourists travel with wives/girlfriends/families/mia noi etc.

They buy their booze at the local supermarket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Not just because it might be safer...."

Might it be? Or might it not be? And safer from what? Catching a bug? Since when is everyone so scared of getting ill? You do know the numbers, right? You are, after all, more intelligent, aka "Smarter than the average bear."
And this doesn't even figure how remote the chances of you even coming across enough SARS-CoV-2 to even land on the graph. (By the way, life expectancy in Thailand is just over 77 years of age...in case you were wondering.)

But more power to you...I just hope all you vaccinated folks are double masking, since it's no secret that the fearfully deadly pathogen can jump like circus fleas from even the fully inoculated. And those blue paper, non-PM2.5 protective masks are ideal for this. Plastic visors are a good addition for your protection too, as are disposable plastic gloves and continual and copious slathering of alcohol gel (don't forget to swab up your nose with it, too). But what am I saying? You who are more socially responsible already know all this. 

2079502486_ProbabilityofsurvivalaftercovidinfectionUSA.png.94957f08f56ce06d7e0370e1c7165153.png

Edited by Trujillo
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

but how can this be?!

I guess that will depend on who is thinking.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

His patrons were prepared to pay 3,800 baht a night at the 32 room facility on the beach.

He said that in the rest of Hua Hin there was expected to be 80-90% capacity in hotels and resorts.

Good for them.. take the money while it's available.

3 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

but how can this be?!

BS doesn't compute, it just smells.