How to register my Italian Covid-19 vaccination certificate in the Thai app?

Puccini

I tried to register myself on the Mo Phrom (หมอพร้อม) app to upload my Italian Covid-19 vaccination certificate, but got stopped in my tracks already on the first step. Although I entered my correct 10-digit Thai phone number I got an error message saying that it is incorrect. It seems that with vaccinations in Thailand the phone number gets added to the Mo Phrom database or some other Thai database already when the vaccination is administered and when it cannot be found when trying to register on the app this gives an error. Or is there another reason for this error message?

461391902_MoPhrom01.png.479d86a424eae86ffb0825c2865eb646.png  690673038_MoPhrom02.png.3a8b66923d75fbbeeab220ac18d4a55d.png

keep trying to register. This application has glitches. Maybe update to the newest version. Or delete and reinstall. 

you can only try to add vax done abroad, if you already had at least one done in thailand.

Go to your doctor, explain why you need to add it. He can make changes on health records or will give you his approval and forward you to office where it can be done.

Where did you get the 13 digit ID number? You have a pink id card?

My guess is that your id number is not in the mor prom db.

You used your italian vaccination documentation to obtain a CoE? If so, maybe visit your local government (district/sub-district) health office and try to talk them into adding your id number and vaccination history. My guess is that they will resist, but you never know until you try.

Is there a reason you need to do this?

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

Go to your doctor, explain why you need to add it. He can make changes on health records or will give you his approval and forward you to office where it can be done.

I did just that, and he said nothing he could do. He sent me to the vaccination centre in the same hospital and they said couldn't be done.

Prior to seeing the doctor I had emailed both the Urban Disease Control and Public health Disease Control and neither have responded.

I had 1st dose here in Thailand 7th June and 2nd dose in UK on 15th August and neither country issued a certificate for a single dose. All I got from the NHS was a card with the batch number against 2nd dose. The Thai embassy in London rejected my COE as being vaccinated but the DCO at the airport did stamp me in as being vaccinated, the pink slip being the only sort of proof I have.

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

...You used your italian vaccination documentation to obtain a CoE? If so, maybe visit your local government (district/sub-district) health office...

I am still in Italy at the moment, planning to fly to Bangkok in January 2022. Got my second Comirnaty (Biontech) shot in April and hope to get a booster shot in Italy before going to Thailand.

I have the Italian certificate that is compatible with the EU standard, both on paper and in the EU compatible app, and its validity can be verified with the apps of the various EU countries but obviously not with the Thai app. It would be nice if I could upload it to the Mo Phrom app before my arrival in Thailand so that I could use it from day to gain entry to places where the certificate is needed. 

The certificate is in Italian and English and I doubt the people in Thailand assigned to verify these foreign certificates can readily understand them.

Specimen of the Italian paper certificate:

880390662_MoPhrom03.png.be505cecc018d7c9430c2ba97f2e9df8.png

Source: https://www.thelocal.it/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Lazio_certificato_vaccino.jpeg

Edited by Puccini

3 hours ago, Puccini said:

I am still in Italy at the moment, planning to fly to Bangkok in January 2022. Got my second Comirnaty (Biontech) shot in April and hope to get a booster shot in Italy before going to Thailand.

I have the Italian certificate that is compatible with the EU standard, both on paper and in the EU compatible app, and its validity can be verified with the apps of the various EU countries but obviously not with the Thai app. It would be nice if I could upload it to the Mo Phrom app before my arrival in Thailand so that I could use it from day to gain entry to places where the certificate is needed. 

The certificate is in Italian and English and I doubt the people in Thailand assigned to verify these foreign certificates can readily understand them.

Specimen of the Italian paper certificate:

880390662_MoPhrom03.png.be505cecc018d7c9430c2ba97f2e9df8.png

Source: https://www.thelocal.it/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Lazio_certificato_vaccino.jpeg

Maybe you can try the EU covid certificate?

On 10/24/2021 at 6:14 PM, Captor said:

Maybe you can try the EU covid certificate?

My Italian certificate is the EU standard Covid-19 vaccination certificate. It is in Italian and English. See this specimen. There is no certificate with "EU" or "European Union" printed on it. Each country makes its own certificate but the QR code must comply with the EU standard so that it can be verified with the EU standard verification app. Each country makes it own verification app. In Italy, it is the VerificaC19 app for Android Phones.

1. Where is it necessary to show the vaccination certificate in Thailand? I have read that it is now necessary to check in for domestic flights, but where else is it currently necessary? Do the people who check the certificates at all these places accept an EU certificate on paper or on an EU app?

2. Can the app used in Thailand to verify the certificate correctly read the QR code used on the EU certificate? Has anybody had any personal experience with this?

3. Can somebody who has successfully uploaded an EU certificate into the Mo Prom app please explain the procedure?

VerificaC19 is a pretty basic app that gives a go/nogo signal.  If you use for example Covid Tracker Ireland or SpTH (Spanish) it will generate an EU Digital Covid Certificate.

There's no way the EU QR codes will mean anything to a Thai app, but the DCC would be more convincing than the VerificaC19 output screen if trying to get something recorded here officially.