Work permit for side gigs to be maintained in Thailand

One of the reasons I'm moving to Thailand on a Non-O (marriage) is so I can maintain several side gigs that will follow me when we leave the States next year.

• Freelance writing
  • Non-monetize gaming YouTube channel
  • Managing my former job's social media presence and YouTube channel
  • Business analyst for same company (about 20 hours per month)

I know I will need to file taxes both in Thailand and back in the States of the earned income. But I am unsure about the work permit situation as everything will be done in home and online. Would there be a special permit I would need? Been looking around, but haven't found any useful info. So of course I'm back with yet another question.

Legally, you will be working and you need a work permit. As you will be here on a marriage extension, you can get a work permit

- when you create your own company with enough employees, turnover etc (seems unrealistic in your case)

- find a company who will offer you a workspace and a work visa for a share of your profit (there are quite a few such companies doing business in Thailand)

There is a lot of talk about he "Smart Visa" for digital nomads with reduced taxes, BUT... you need a certain income from you work (which you will probably not have) AND it is a B-visa limited to 4 years (at least that is the latest I heard).

I would guess that there are a lot of people who are (illegally) working online in Thailand. The authorities will not care about them / not find them, as long as 

- the work they do is completely for companies outside Thailand

- the salary/remuneration is paid to an account outside Thailand and transferred into Thailand from an account in your name

- no Thai could do this work, so you are not taking anybody's job away

- they are quiet about what they do.

From your description, you will probably fall into this category.

• Thanks 1