Tourist Covid Extension + 90-Day-Reporting?

Today my local IO wanted me to fill out the 90-Day Reporting form.

I told them several times that I'm here for the 60 Day Covid Extension but they insisted.

They gave me the 60 Days Extension stamp (as usual) but on top of that handed me the 90-Day "Extension of stay letter".

My feeling is they don't know what they are doing because it's a new Immigration Office and they opened only a couple months ago.

They tried the same thing two months ago by handing me the "wrong" form to fill out but this time they didn't listen to my objection.

Do I have to do the 90 Day Reporting from now on?

Seems useless since I'm at the IO every two months anyway.

Edited by zackebuh

If you have stayed in the country longer than 90 consecutive days in the country you can be asked for a 90 day report unless it is your first extension application and then you next report will be due 90 days from that day.

Not all immigration offices ask for them when doing covid 19 extension but they can ask for one under the rules.

What you given was a receipt for the 90 day report and it has the date your next report is due.

On 10/26/2021 at 7:46 AM, DrJack54 said:

OP, which immigration office. 

Koh Tao

I'm really angry with myself now that I gave in so easily.

I'm fairly sure that they would have given out the extension anyway since that's what they did two month ago.

Edited by zackebuh

By law you are required to do 90 day reporting. Some immigration offices don't want them from people who are getting covid extensions, but afaik there is no official exemption, so if they tell you to do it they are just acting in accordance with the law.

On 10/26/2021 at 10:19 PM, DrJack54 said:

What visa did you have previously. Tourist Visa?

I am on a STV and in Chiang Mai. After the first 90 days i posted a 90 day report (can't do any harm) It was returned with a polite note in English complete with smily emoji saying no report needed for Tourist Visa

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 10:19 PM, DrJack54 said:

What visa did you have previously. Tourist Visa?

I entered with a 60 day tourist visa which I had initially extended 30 days. 

They didn’t want a 90 day report during my first 60 day covid extension but did ask for one whilst I was at CW arranging my second 60 day extension. 

7 minutes ago, novster said:

I entered with a 60 day tourist visa which I had initially extended 30 days. 

They didn’t want a 90 day report during my first 60 day covid extension but did ask for one whilst I was at CW arranging my second 60 day extension. 

Interesting. Seems some do and some don't.

Anyway good that you got the covid extension.