Retirement visa / UK passport.

My retirement visa runs out 16 November 2021 but l just realized my UK passport runs out 22nd March 2022.

Will I get new visa until my passport runs out or can l get a new stamp in my new passport?

Can l send my passport via DHL to someone in the UK who can then apply on my behalf to make the process faster?

Thank you for any guidance.

You'll get an extension of stay until your passport expires, before then you will need to transfer it and then get a new extension in your new passport.

No, you cant do the application as you suggest.  You have plenty of time to apply for a new passport in time for March next year.  If you send it to the UK not only are you applying fraudulently (perhaps not a big issue) but also you are stuck in Thailand without a passport. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

You'll get an extension of stay until your passport expires, before then you will need to transfer it and then get a new extension in your new passport.

No, you cant do the application as you suggest.  You have plenty of time to apply for a new passport in time for March next year.  If you send it to the UK not only are you applying fraudulently (perhaps not a big issue) but also you are stuck in Thailand without a passport. 

Thank you very much, so upon receiving my new passport I go to immigration for the remaining months of the 1 year visa stamped at no additional cost?

13 minutes ago, james.d said:

Thank you very much, so upon receiving my new passport I go to immigration for the remaining months of the 1 year visa stamped at no additional cost?

No

When you apply for a extension and your passport has less than 12 months remaining on it your extension will only be issued to day it expires. Then prior to that day you will have to apply for a new extension of stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1