90 day question

I'm pretty sure a visa extension does not reset your 90 day date, I've read it here before. But my immigration office didn't bat an eyelid when I went to do the 90 day long after expiry, because I based it on the new visa date. I guess some offices (or officers) would like to cause you problems though, I've heard. 

1 hour ago, Bigz said:

My IO did reset the 90 day report when I got the extension. Printed and stapled a new slip in the passport the day I got extension. Every office seem to have different rules.

My experience in Prachuap KK.

What if my 3 months non-0 visa expired and I requested the extension of stay and I am waiting to have the stamp on my passport (currently under consideration), so that I am about at 100 days after my arrival date? I have to do the 90 days report now or I have to wait to get the stamp? Do the 90 days start from the extension of stay stamp or they are already expired so I have to rush to the immigration (Chonburi) for a 90 days report ? Thanks for clarification.

3 minutes ago, Svadhistana said:

What if my 3 months non-0 visa expired and I requested the extension of stay and I am waiting to have the stamp on my passport (currently under consideration), so that I am about at 100 days after my arrival date? I have to do the 90 days report now or I have to wait to get the stamp? Do the 90 days start from the extension of stay stamp or they are already expired so I have to rush to the immigration (Chonburi) for a 90 days report ? Thanks for clarification.

If you entered on a non-o visa and then applied for a extension of stay your first report is due 90 days from the day you applied for the extension. The first extension application is considered as being equal to doing a report.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you entered on a non-o visa and then applied for a extension of stay your first report is due 90 days from the day you applied for the extension. The first extension application is considered as being equal to doing a report.

I'm in the same situation in Udon. My non O visa runs out 11th Nov and applied for year extension 18th October. Stamped in passport under consideration and told to pick up passport 11th December. So do I do a 90 day on 10th Nov?

Or will my 1st 90 day report be due circa 17th Jan...90 days after date I applied?

TIA for reply

36 minutes ago, gavlar said:

Or will my 1st 90 day report be due circa 17th Jan...90 days after date I applied?

If it is your first extension then according to my date calculator your report will be due on January 15th.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, overherebc said:

Is renewing your extension considered as one of your 90 day reports.

If yes, thanks.

If no,  what happens when you do your report 90 days after you do the extension?

It's depending on the local immigration office.

Most users seems to say that 90-day reports are independent from annual extensions of stay, i.e. you shall report your address 90 days from last address report, even that you have been given permission to stay for another yeat between the two reports dates.

However a few places the application for extension of stay - which application includes one's address - is also considered as 90-day address report; that is for example the case where I live. When I get my passport back with a new stamp for another one year permission to stay in the Kingdom, I'll also have a slip stampled into my passport with a new 90-day address report date, 90 days from my application date for extension of stay...????

On 10/27/2021 at 4:24 PM, DrPhibes said:

Yes,  I just did my 1yr extension by virtue of marriage on Monday in Chiang Mai and my 90 reporting started then even though I had done it now long ago online.

I renewed my retirement extension at Chiang Mai a week ago.

They didn't deal with the 90 day reporting which was due.

I dealt with it at the drive through outside.

4 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I renewed my retirement extension at Chiang Mai a week ago.

They didn't deal with the 90 day reporting which was due.

I dealt with it at the drive through outside.

Maybe because mine is based on marriage?  They did take the wife and I inside to interview us and then presented the passport with the 90 reporting in it and the date of next reporting already stapled into the passport.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:48 AM, ubonjoe said:

Thank you ????

Just a quick 90 day report query, i plan to visit the UK for 3/4 weeks early next year, I'm due to fly out 17th Jan and my 90 day report is due on 22nd Jan, i realize you cant report if your not here (in Thailand) but not sure what is best thing to do ? I have a Non O with retirement extension and a multiple re entry permit 

1, Do the report prior to leaving on the 17th (or would this this be too early)

2, Do the report when i return mid Feb (When would this be required ? 90 days after re entry ?)

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but the rules are still quite new to me

Thanks in advance for any replies 

6 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

Just a quick 90 day report query, i plan to visit the UK for 3/4 weeks early next year, I'm due to fly out 17th Jan and my 90 day report is due on 22nd Jan, i realize you cant report if your not here (in Thailand) but not sure what is best thing to do ? I have a Non O with retirement extension and a multiple re entry permit 

1, Do the report prior to leaving on the 17th (or would this this be too early)

2, Do the report when i return mid Feb (When would this be required ? 90 days after re entry ?)

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but the rules are still quite new to me

Thanks in advance for any replies 

Just exit Thailand. No need for upcoming report

When you return your 90 day click starts from date you reenter

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Just exit Thailand. No need for upcoming report

When you return your 90 day click starts from date you reenter

Regarding my original info Non O, extension and multiple re entry permit am i correct in thinking i can fly back into Thailand with a one way ticket or do i need a return 

2 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

Regarding my original info Non O, extension and multiple re entry permit am i correct in thinking i can fly back into Thailand with a one way ticket or do i need a return 

Yes

No need for a return or onward ticket.

• Thanks 1