Question about work permit and wifi

Hi guys so i have 2 weird questions i guess but i hope someone can give me an answer.

1. i am now in my home country since july 2020. i was working in chiang mai and had a non b and a work permit. unfourntely due to covid situation and a decesion of the last minute that it was better to get back home till it subsides a little bit has left me with no time and i did not cancel officialy my non b or return the work permit. i am guessing as i didnt have re entry permit it wasn't a problem as the visa is automatically cancelled anyways. i plan to come back to thailand on 7/9/22 bought a ticket and this time live in bkk and have a work place to provide me working visa and work permit. the question is, is me not returning the work permit can have any effect or cause problems for making the new work permit? i do still have it with me if it's worth something and if i will need to return it first before making a new one will i have to get to chiang mai to return it?

2. when living in CM i had 3BB wifi. as pair first question i did not have even the time to return the router to 3BB but i did pay for all the period of time that i was using the wifi through paymnt in Kbank APP. i also emailed them before flying out that please cut the wifi services as i will be leaving thailand.

will this cause any futurue problems?

for assurance, i did look closely at all my passport pages, there is no ban or any black stamp not allowing me to return.

appreciate any answer/speculation.

Edited by drori8

11 minutes ago, drori8 said:

i got the NON b then converted to the 1 year stay. left thailand about 1-2 days before it expired.

You may have problems getting another work permit / extension until you properly cancel the first one with a termination letter from your previous employer.

1 hour ago, drori8 said:

i got the NON b then converted to the 1 year stay. left thailand about 1-2 days before it expired.

A fine may need to be paid for the work permit not being canceled. You new employer will need to pay it before applying for your new one.

Dependent upon the office where you apply for a new extension they might want to see to have a termination letter from your previous employer. I have seen not recent reports of that happening though.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

A fine may need to be paid for the work permit not being canceled. You new employer will need to pay it before applying for your new one.

Dependent upon the office where you apply for a new extension they might want to see to have a termination letter from your previous employer. I have seen not recent reports of that happening though.

What would happen in case the previous employer was bought out by another company or the company closed down.

10 minutes ago, varun said:

What would happen in case the previous employer was bought out by another company or the company closed down.

I would depend upon the immigration office you are dealing with. As I wrote not all office are wanting a termination letter if you left without  having the extension canceled. Having proof your previous employer is not available since they shut down might be accepted.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I would depend upon the immigration office you are dealing with. As I wrote not all office are wanting a termination letter if you left without  having the extension canceled. Having proof your previous employer is not available since they shut down might be accepted.

9 hours ago, tonray said:

Did you have a visa or an extension based upon working when you exited Thailand ?

but the extention did get canceled as technically if you go out of the country without entry permit the work visa is automatically void. i also do have the worm permit to give if they want it returned

33 minutes ago, drori8 said:

but the extention did get canceled as technically if you go out of the country without entry permit the work visa is automatically void. i also do have the worm permit to give if they want it returned

Some immigration offices do not consider leaving the country as canceling it. I think the reason that they wanted to see it was canceled due to many people leaving the country without informing their employer by formally resigning from their job.

It is written requirement to cancel a work permit when your job ends.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Some immigration offices do not consider leaving the country as canceling it. I think the reason that they wanted to see it was canceled due to many people leaving the country without informing their employer by formally resigning from their job.

It is written requirement to cancel a work permit when your job ends.

oh well will see. worst case both me and the employer know as i left because of covid