30 Day Entry but Staying 59 Days

I am well aware of the November 1 entry requiements.  As an American, I can stay without a visa for 30 days.  In the past, I simply had this extended for another 30 days.  Immigration never bothered me for showing up with the ability to legally stay in Thailand for 30 days with a ticket that showed my return home 60 days later.  In fact, they never looked at my return ticket.  

I am just checking that this still holds under the present situation.  Thanks in advanced for any responses.  I hope I posed it correctly in the right place.

Merwan

There are no changes to the requirements or procedure to a apply for a a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry.

You do though need to be prepared to show a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival to the airline when checking in for your flight to here.

• Like 1

Appreciate you're an American but as a Brit you'll get offloaded without the visa if its beyond 30 days

I've detailed couple times before the battle I had with Emirates out of Gatwick back in 2006 over that exact same problem. It took me getting the Head of Station for Emirates involved and lot of extremely polite discussion and signature on an indemity form to finally let me board

Nothings changed if you're departing out of the UK. Its an airline issue not a immigration issue with a border refusal resulting in airline fine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Appreciate you're an American but as a Brit you'll get offloaded without the visa if its beyond 30 days

I've detailed couple times before the battle I had with Emirates out of Gatwick back in 2006 over that exact same problem. It took me getting the Head of Station for Emirates involved and lot of extremely polite discussion and signature on an indemity form to finally let me board

Nothings changed if you're departing out of the UK. Its an airline issue not a immigration issue with a border refusal resulting in airline fine.

I had this with Qatar when checking in to enter the Phuket sandbox. I had expected an argument with the guy checking me in. But it turns out he was an old pattaya hand and just asked if I was going to extend whilst in country and checked me in

• Like 1

Yes, just as I suspected.  If anyone else has any additional info, please feel free and post.  Luckily, any ticket purchased on Japan Airlines (chosen airline) before December 31st of this year allows unlimited changes with no service fees (maybe change in fares but no service fees.)  I will just book a return at 30 days and then change it when I get an extension.  

Merwan

Edited by Merwan