I am in UK contemplating returning to Thailand with Visa Exempt (UK CITIZEN).

I want to know if visiting Cambodia first and entering Thailand overland will require the same documents as needed when entering direct from the UK on an international flight.

Being 81 yr young I am having a problem with Health Insurance. Anyone know of an Insurance Company that will provide this.  I hope to travel before Xmas.

2 minutes ago, fgmr said:

I want to know if visiting Cambodia first and entering Thailand overland will require the same documents as needed when entering direct from the UK on an international flight.

Border crossings are still closed. When they open I would expect the same requirements regardless of how you arrive.

The corvid 19 insurance has been available for those up to the age of 100 years. Not sure what age is available for the new 50,000 baht insurance requirement that starts on November 1st since I have not found any info about it.

It will be required for entry by air or land for some time to come. 

I think reading the latest information that the USD 50K insurance must cover all medical expenses including Covid.  I am 80 and got a very good deal through Nationwide in U.K. using their FlexPlus account. I am staying in Thailand for six months.

My question is similar.  A UK citizen living in Thailand on extension of stay due to retirement returns to the UK for a holiday. Would they be required to have the $50,000 health insurance in order to return to Thailand?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Geordieabroad
Punctuation

14 minutes ago, Geordieabroad said:

My question is similar.  A UK citizen living in Thailand on extension of stay due to retirement returns to the UK for a holiday. Would they be required to have the $50,000 health insurance in order to return to Thailand?

The $50,000 insurance that includes covid 19 insurance would be required for entry to the country and would need to be valid for your length of stay.

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The $50,000 insurance that includes covid 19 insurance would be required for entry to the country and would need to be valid for your length of stay.

Hi ubonjoe, not sure if you understood my query. I have been living in Thailand for 6 years on retirement extension, so if i went to UK for 1 month holiday and then came back to my home in Thailand, i would be classed as a tourist requiring health insurance? That doesn't sound right to me

18 minutes ago, Geordieabroad said:

Hi ubonjoe, not sure if you understood my query. I have been living in Thailand for 6 years on retirement extension, so if i went to UK for 1 month holiday and then came back to my home in Thailand, i would be classed as a tourist requiring health insurance? That doesn't sound right to me

It is correct.

All foreigners entering the Kingdom must have $50,000 medical insurance which also covers Covid-19.  The same applies to those living in Thailand who want to go overseas for a vacation.

There was to be a CCSA meeting yesterday in this regard but that didn't happen.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Geordieabroad said:

Richard Barrow has recently tweeted that if you have an existing policy you can use it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Geordieabroad said:

It does matter what your status is here is or what visa or extension it is required for all entries to the country. It has been required since the started allowing entries to the country again last year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It does matter what your status is here is or what visa or extension it is required for all entries to the country. It has been required since the started allowing entries to the country again last year.

Thanks for that.

I can live here without insurance but if i set foot outside the country i need insurance to get back in.

I'll not be going back to the UK till they knock this scam on the head.

I don't imagine the insurance would be much but......insurance plus 500baht tourist entry fee when i'm not a tourist?

I'm not a poor man but i won't let them take the p$ss out of me to line some minister's pocket

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/29/2021 at 9:07 AM, Card said:

81? All of 4 companies on that asq. In.th (Thai est) site - Silver Wing, ACS, Tune and AXA have published  statements there saying that the maximum age accepted is 74/5  (Silver Wing 69). I urgently need to return on a Non 0 (retirenentl) expiry 3 weeks. It seems that when "push comes to shove" 99 years old is a myth. Please anybody over 75 who has got this insurance please help and say from where. 

The old info gram tgia seems to have disappeared. 

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

So if you have say 8 months left on visa can you  buy a throw away ticket for say 28 days after entry  and only pay a 30 day insurance

8 minutes ago, poohy said:

So if you have say 8 months left on visa can you  buy a throw away ticket for say 28 days after entry  and only pay a 30 day insurance

If someone had 8 months remaining on permit then they would receive a permission of stay stamp for that length of time when enter Thailand.

Hence would require insurance for that period. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If someone had 8 months remaining on permit then they would receive a permission of stay stamp for that length of time when enter Thailand.

Hence would require insurance for that period. 

that someone is me it  makes leaving and  re entering here very unpleasant now then i already have a years covid insurance it cost 890 thb ish why do i need more /

Edited by poohy