TRansmission

Rampant Rabbit

Thanks for the update.  I think I saw some data that conflicts with this report.  I'll see if I can find it.  That said, there are breakthrough cases and I can't see how a person would not be contagious.  The question is how contagious and for how long?  

I have always felt that until/unless children are vaccinated, there is little chance of getting the virus under control.  We might not even with them vaccinated, but until they are they remain a wild card int he pandemic and likely reservoir for continued infections. 

56 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Missing from the article is the transmission rate for unvaccinated.

A favorite for anti-vaxxers and covid deniers.  But, but, but, the double vaccinated can still spread the virus and potentially die! They leave out the fact unvaccinated are 11 times more likey to get sick or die, and spread the virus way more, obviously.

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

A favorite for anti-vaxxers and covid deniers

cant  you  just stop dragging this  up  its  like the electric  car thread  where anyone questioning electric  cars is a  global warming denier, or  fox  news  watcher, do you think everything is  black and white

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

cant  you  just stop dragging this  up  its  like the electric  car thread  where anyone questioning electric  cars is a  global warming denier, or  fox  news  watcher, do you think everything is  black and white

Sadly, with anti vaxxers, yes.  It's pretty much black and white.  And the majority of us agree with it.

"Covid: Double vaccinated can still spread virus at home."

"Individuals who have had two vaccine doses can be just as infectious as those who have not been jabbed." but then the report says that transmission rate from the vaccinated to the unvaccinated is higher than to the vaccinated.

The article then goes on further to promote vaccination.

The sequencing of the facts here would seem to promote negative sensationalism and confusion about the efficacy of vaccines something which is fodder to anti-vaxxers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

"Covid: Double vaccinated can still spread virus at home."

"Individuals who have had two vaccine doses can be just as infectious as those who have not been jabbed." but then the report says that transmission rate from the vaccinated to the unvaccinated is higher than to the vaccinated.

The article then goes on further to promote vaccination.

The sequencing of the facts here would seem to promote negative sensationalism and confusion about the efficacy of vaccines something which is fodder to anti-vaxxers.

Which was why I pointed out the missing transmission rate for the unvaccinated.

I suspect what the article is actually trying to do is promote vaccination of all within each household.

I believe the target here is to get children vaccinated, for the reasons Scott has mentioned above.

The lack of clarity is, as you suggest, fodder for the anti-vaxxers.

• Like 1