Quick question about working on a marriage visa

I wanted to know how it works for people living in Thailand on the Non-O visa based on marriage. If I am living in Thailand on the Non-O visa and apply for an English teaching job, do I have to switch to a Non-B working visa or can I stay on my Non-O marriage visa? Or would I be forced to switch to Non-B when I get accepted to the job?

@ubonjoe

Adding to what UbonJoe said, I refused to change to a Non-Imm B when my school pushed me because I would have to leave the country if I stopped teaching.  I'm 84, didn't renew my work permit and retired earlier this month. So glad I didn't get a Non B because I had shoulder surgery, my right arm is in a sling and I can't travel until December!!

On 10/29/2021 at 10:35 PM, donmuang37 said:

Adding to what UbonJoe said, I refused to change to a Non-Imm B when my school pushed me because I would have to leave the country if I stopped teaching.  I'm 84, didn't renew my work permit and retired earlier this month. So glad I didn't get a Non B because I had shoulder surgery, my right arm is in a sling and I can't travel until December!!

Is it hard to get employed at 84? I see on ajarn.com a lot of jobs require less than 60 years old?

only reason I can think of that a school would push for you to change is they can do a WP for a Non-B by messenger. Last WP I had on my Non-O extension required my wife to come and we needed our marriage cert. Seems the labor dept. sees working on a Non-O as a way to get around an immigration check. IMHO :wai: