Any recommendations for agencies that ship personal items from USA to Chiang Mai via LCL Shipping Container?

creative1000

Any recommendations for agencies that will ship personal items from USA to Chiang Mai via LCL (Shared) Shipping Container? Prefer low cost rather than speed.

I have 500 lbs of: books / clothing / computer / electronics / music instruments / sports equipment / memorabilia, roughly 300-400 cubic feet sitting in a storage unit in the USA the past 3 years. Theres a memory foam mattress too if thats possible to ship.

I'm wondering what paperwork needs to be done, rough total cost, will my old personal items be subject to import duties? Does anything need special treatment before shipping for example: does ikea wood furniture or a mattress need to be specially fumigated?

Thanks in advance

Edited by creative1000

For our move from SF Bay area to Buriram we used   https://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/en-th/.  Found their shipping cube tightly packed with UHaul boxes got everthing here safely.  Not cheap or fast, but pleased at the end.   Worried about duty as well, but in the end nothing, box not opened since we closed it up.  Avoid red flag items such as bicycles. New items, and multiples of items.

• Like 1

You'll be dealing with two brokers: the one that ships it from US and the one that unloads and delivers on this end, and collects the taxes. Yes, you'll pay duty in my experience but it's hard to say how much. The US forwarder, it depends where you're shipping from. My receiver here in Thailand was Finigate and I was happy with their work. The guy I was dealing with is no longer there but you can send them an email an inquire. Not sure I can post contact info on here. I had my stuff sent to Chiang Mai, like you. The trucking from BKK is expensive but....not much choice.