SIM Cards available before being ushered to quarantine?

Rex Nebula

I'm arriving on November 7th to Suvarnabhumi and was curious whether I'd be able to buy a SIM card before getting herded to where my transport to the AQ hotel is.  If not, I guess I can ask the AQ hotel to see if they could procure one for me.  Anybody in the same boat?

Why worry about it, you are only in the hotel for one day, just use their wifi.

Nowadays sim cards need to be registered against passport/ID etc, you cant just buy them, even if you get someone to get you one, it wont be working until its registered.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Why worry about it, you are only in the hotel for one day, just use their wifi.

Nowadays sim cards need to be registered against passport/ID etc, you cant just buy them, even if you get someone to get you one, it wont be working until its registered.

Some AQ hotels can provide a SIM with the package.

If not, someone at the hotel can nip out to 7-11 and get one for you.

Registration can be carried out online - it involves sending your ID (Passport Photo) - I’ve never done it, but have read (on this forum) that people have. 

57 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Registration can be carried out online - it involves sending your ID (Passport Photo) - I’ve never done it, but have read (on this forum) that people have. 

Yep

Dtac online registration for prepaid SIM https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/registration/

AIS https://www.ais.th/one-2-call/howto_activate/en/index.html

Was a blessing for many heading back into quarantine who had let there SIM die, order a decent package from Lazada and have it waiting for you at the hotel/turn up the first couple of days, not worth the hassle now with test and go.