Tests req'd before flying to France - Lufthansa

notrub

04 11 2021,  Here is a copy of what is on the information page of Lufthansa's site (https://lufthansa.travel-regulations.com/route-info?origin=BKK&destination=LYS&search-enabled=true) flying to France.  It states that a covid-19 PCR test is required.  This does not apply to passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate and accompanying children younger than 18 years. The certificate must state that they received, etc. (second bullet point)  A PCR test is not req'd to enter France, they have a sworn statement requirement where you promise that you have not been in the company of a infected person for 2 or 3 days(?) prior to your arrival.

I have all the jabs and the certificates to prove it.  I read that this is all I require, not a PCR test to board the plane.  What is your opinion please?  (I would ask Lufthansa if they picked up the phone or had an email address posted for me to use).  Thank you.

Covid-19 Test/Vaccination Requirements Most travelers require a COVID-19 test or vaccination.
  1. Passengers must have:
    - a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken at most 48 hours before departure from the first embarkation point; or
    - a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.
    • This does not apply to passengers younger than 12 years.
    • This does not apply to passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate and accompanying children younger than 18 years. The certificate must state that they received:
      - the first vaccine dose of Janssen at least 28 days before arrival; or
      - the second vaccine dose of AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Covishield, Fiocruz, Moderna (Spikevax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty) or R-Covi at least 7 days before arrival;

15 minutes ago, notrub said:

The certificate must state that they received:
- the first vaccine dose of Janssen at least 28 days before arrival; or
- the second vaccine dose of AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Covishield, Fiocruz, Moderna (Spikevax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty) or R-Covi at least 7 days before arrival;

I think that's just poor translation, and it should read "one dose of Janssen..or two doses of AstraZeneca etc"

• Like 1

Thanks, I have had 1 Sinovac and 2x Astra Zeneca made in Thailand.  The Thai AZ is now accepted by EMA (European Medicines Agency).  I have it on my phone and I have a little yellow vaccination certificate booklet.

The French site is more clear.  https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel.

I have a horror of showing up at the AP and them saying, 'Sorry Sir, we only accept passengers with green shoelaces' or some other thing I didn't think of.

This Thailand Pass is a load of rebranding cr*p and still includes its cancelation if your plans change in any way (flights etc.).  Total reapplying req'd if this happens.  (On your phone in a location where you may not have wifi?)    And they slipped in health insurance, not just covid cover.  

Livelovethailand has a video explaining how easy it all is.  If only it were true.

I would not be making this trip if it were not essential, certainly not for a 'fun' week on the beach.  Thanks again.

• Like 1