Domestic flight into Phuket from Chiang Mai

DrPhibes

Hi Guys/gals,

Anyone know the current COVID requirements for domestic flight arrival non-stop CNX to HKT?  I am double vaxxed with Pfizer and have my shot card to prove it.  I have booked a flight on Vietjet but did not see any C-19 requirements for the flight nor anything on the HKT airport website.  Thanks in advance!

Hi Doc,

i was at the airport in Chiang Rai and asked about my CR-Phuket-CR Flight with Vietjet for this Month about Covid Requirements.

They told me,if you have 2 Vaxxine Shots already,dont need any PCR Test,only Certificate for the Shots or show on Mor Prom App.

Register on website www.gophuket.com and present QR code before arrival. 

Hotel Confirm Reservation and receipt of hotel reservation must be shown at the check-in counter.

Robinsons

11 minutes ago, Robinsons said:

Hi Doc,

i was at the airport in Chiang Rai and asked about my CR-Phuket-CR Flight with Vietjet for this Month about Covid Requirements.

They told me,if you have 2 Vaxxine Shots already,dont need any PCR Test,only Certificate for the Shots or show on Mor Prom App.

Register on website www.gophuket.com and present QR code before arrival. 

Hotel Confirm Reservation and receipt of hotel reservation must be shown at the check-in counter.

Robinsons

The link you posted for gophuket takes me to hotels.com ????  Hijacked?

Has anyone recently flown into Phuket domestically that isn't fully jabbed (yet)?

For the record, I get my 2nd Pfizer on the 8th. I fly to Phuket on the 9th. I will take a PCR test 48 hours before the flight, as I believe you need to wait 14 days to be considered protected by the vaccine.

Current updated requirements say I'll be OK if I have that PCR test. But you know how it is. It's Thailand and I'm worried I'll arrive in Phuket airport and will be turned around. 

(Sorry if this is hijacking. I don't want to fill up the forum with a new thread for a reasonably similar question)

Edited by ThailandPermanent

5 minutes ago, Robinsons said:

you can change the language to english.

on the websites upper part on the left

Thanks, in Thai also.  Had to get the wife to figure out which was English so all good now. 

Edited by DrPhibes

13 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

What airline are you flying?  My friend just went from Swampy and they did check her vaccination card during check in.  Otherwise, a PCR test was required.  This was 2 weeks ago.

viet jet air.

4 days back at airport in Chiang Rai they told me no pcr test if 2 times vaccinated

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Robinsons said:

viet jet air.

4 days back at airport in Chiang Rai they told me no pcr test if 2 times vaccinated

Same with Thai Smiles.  But each airline has their own requirements.  And it's also based on the departure airport.  When leaving Phuket for Swampy, nothing checked at all. LOL

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

What airline are you flying?  My friend just went from Swampy and they did check her vaccination card during check in.  Otherwise, a PCR test was required.  This was 2 weeks ago.

Vietjet, non-stop Chiang Mai to Phuket.  I have my vax card showing my two Phizer shots.  I think with the gophuget registration I'll be good to go.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Robinsons said:

Is this really a requirement for domestic flight arriving Phuket? I asked Vietjet for BKK->HKT and they said "only vaccine certificate required" (no hotel reservation)

On 01. Nov I flew from Phuket to Ubon R with Thai Smile with plane shift in Suvarnabhumi and at check in in Phuket they wanted to see my vacc cert and typed it in the PC in BKK i did not show anything, but at embarking in Ubon R I had to show the vacc cert again.

The next day I flew the other way and at check in I had to show the vacc cert which was again typed in the PC. At embarking in Phuket I just walked out not showing anything.

On 22. september I drove into Phuket and had done the go.phuget.com, made reservation for hotel SHA+ and brought an ATK test kit. The only thing was that I was tested with the ATK, noone asked for anything else, not even the QR code from go.phuget or my vacc cert or hotel res.

So when I flew into Phuket the 2. nov I did not fill in go.phuget or anything else.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sallecc said:

Is this really a requirement for domestic flight arriving Phuket? I asked Vietjet for BKK->HKT and they said "only vaccine certificate required" (no hotel reservation)

here the answer to my questions by email from vietjet support on 29.10.21:

Dear Passenger,

Regarding your email, we would like to inform you that the Travel Measures for Entering to Phuket since 16 October 2021 are as follows:

All passengers must show the following documents to the airline at the check-in counter. (choose either one of the documents)
  1. Must be fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine or have received 1 dose of Johnson&Johnson vaccine (no less than 14 days). (Combining vaccine formulas as prescribed by the Ministry of Public Health)  
  3. *As well as one who have recovered from COVID-19 for less than 90 days*
  1. Negative Covid-19 certificate tested, with RT-PCR or ATK(Antigen Test Kit) test no longer than 7 days before departure.
  2. House registration document (Home base in Phuket) or Hotel Confirm Reservation and receipt of hotel reservation must be shown at the check-in counter.
  3. Register on website www.gophuket.com and present QR code before arrival. 

Remark

For the passenger traveling to Chiang Rai during the Covid-19 pandemic. CAAT allows the passenger from Domestic entering Mae Fah Luang Chiang Rai International Airport with qualified all conditions as below. (choose either one of the documents)

1. Passengers must show the Negative of Covid-19 test results within 72 hours before the flight departure (RT-PCR or Antigen Rapid test method or ATK  negative test result from medical facilities ) upon check-in. 
  1. Fully vaccinated of Covid-19 vaccine (according to the requirements of each vaccine, except AstraZeneca can enter 14 days after the 1st injection). 
Remark:  

Best regards,

Kritsana P.

Contact Center Support Team

I think,the best is to ask some days before travelling directly at the airport of departure.
Robinsons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

OK, followup on CNX to HKT today.  The did want to see my vaccination evidence (had my shot card) and did encourage GoPhuket registration to the point of walking down the plane isle with the scan code, no one at HKT ever checked if I had registered.  The taxi to Karon was originally quoted at 1000 but as soon as I hesitated it dropped to 700.  Sitting at deeply discounted Beyond Karon Resort room on my balcony that looks down at the beach.  Doing a couple days of diving before a friend of mine for 35 years shows up to hang and talk glory days over beers for about 4 days.  No family, no clients, just chill, if the weather would break to sunny part of the day, it would be heaven.

Thanks for the follow-up ???? Which airline was it? They didn't ask for hotel booking / house registration on check-in? Cheers.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:52 PM, sallecc said:

Thanks for the follow-up ???? Which airline was it? They didn't ask for hotel booking / house registration on check-in? Cheers.

Vietjet, sorry for the omission.  Only the goPhuget app asked for hotel/ house registration.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MamaSan said:

'Seems goPhuget.com requires BOTH 2 jab verification AND negative test proof (both required fields).  This is for domestic travel.  Any suggestions?

I put the same pic of 2 shot vaccine verification in both the jab verification and negative test.  At one time negative test was required both for flight and driving in.  Software has yet to catch up with rapidly changing law.  Patong is happening!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

I put the same pic of 2 shot vaccine verification in both the jab verification and negative test.  At one time negative test was required both for flight and driving in.  Software has yet to catch up with rapidly changing law.  Patong is happening!!!

Good advice ????

Do they still require registration on AOT (airports) app?

I'll do HKT-BKK-HKT same day round-trip in a few weeks... Do they require GoPhuget registration only for arrivals, or departure out of Phuket as well? (I see there are both options there)