N64, Laptops, Gaming

cooL_guY_corY

ok, anyone know where to get Nintendo 64s in Thailand ? i ve seen people playing used ones but never seen any for sale, i doubt new ones are available, i would love a used one, its easy enough to bring one over from home although it would be different power supply coming from North America, if i could get a JAP power supply that would be cool, i am not really interested in a voltage converter.. not sure how well / reliable these are, any thoughts and opinions on that? Also IS it possible to play console games on a Laptop ? I know this is possible on desktops not sure exactly how, depends on video card etc, although i ve seen some usb stuff recently that would allow this.. any one know information regarding this ? I dont have a tv and it would be awesome to hook up consoles to my laptop and play. Also i really want a n64 theres some awesome games for it.

thanks

The N64 console and used would likely only be available via ebay. I did see one in Saphan Lek around a year ago but it looked pretty beat up

Your best bet is to use Project64, a Nintendo64 emulator that allows you to play the roms on your PC

http://www.pj64-emu.com/

Do a search and I'm sure you'll find the roms

90% of the roms work perfectly.... just wish Space Station Silicon Valley would work... that was one of my fave N64 games

A Japanese power supply wouldn't do you any good. Just like the US, they use NTSC and 110V.

The N64 is two generations old (last generation was the GameCube, and currently it's the Wii), so even used ones would be hard to find. I've got Project64 installed on my notebook, and although the games do work, they're VERY dated (fugly, to put it in a word). You might be better off getting a handheld Nintendo DS, since it's got a lot of the games from the N64 and actually has better graphics. The Wii is nice, but it's a ripoff at current prices, since it's so high in demand and hard to find.

Hey man, some of those 'fugly' games are still way more fun than the new ones! Case in point, I still play 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2' on my Super Nintendo emulator way more than any other game I own (and I have a fairly kick ass comp, as well as a PS2).

Just something about the gameplay of those games was far superior. As usual, to each their own.

BFD!

hey i got a DS, its awesome.. DS Lite that is. I play a lot of animal crossing ( lolz!) i really wish they put out some hockey games, hopefully an EA or 2k release.. imagine SNES or n64 style hockey on DS oh wowz. Also really are you sure about the JAP power source being 110v? anyways theres some great games for n64, mainly the wrestling ones by AKI, i had some of them imported to canada, back in the day, awesome multiplayer. So on another not, still any ideas on how to play a console thru a laptop (no emulation) cause i got a ps2 laying around with no tv. on a side note, any idea why nintendo doesnt have a market here ? come to think of it does sony even "officially" putout their prods here ? or xbox even... I know 360, ps3 and wii are all available ( jacked prices too) but i think all of them are just imported from else where in Asia.. I guess its not worth any of those companies money to create a market here because they would just end up losing out in the long run?

Yes he's sure about the Japanese power supply, it's the same as North America.

Why don't you just use emulation of the n64 and play all the games you want? You can buy a controller similar to the n64 one and use it on your laptop.

As far as I know there is no way to use a laptop screen to play your ps2.

Damian

Notebooks don't have video-in (as least most don't... there are a few biiiig ones that support it via a docking station) unless you add one by USB, Firewire, PCMCIA, or expresscard. That would be a bit overkill, if just to play games.

When I said fugly, I meant the emulation of them in a notebook (since that's what I was using). Now, they would look OK on a TV with a real N64, but on a notebook with emulation, it was fugly indeed. I tried around 20 games.

Japan was pretty much occupied by the US post-world war 2, so it has adopted a lot of the weird US standards, such as NTSC ("never the same color") and 110V, which very few other countries use.

The N64 console and used would likely only be available via ebay. I did see one in Saphan Lek around a year ago but it looked pretty beat up

Your best bet is to use Project64, a Nintendo64 emulator that allows you to play the roms on your PC

http://www.pj64-emu.com/

Do a search and I'm sure you'll find the roms

90% of the roms work perfectly.... just wish Space Station Silicon Valley would work... that was one of my fave N64 games

Too lazy to look it up but does Tetrisphere work? I love that game...