Bushmills: Are you for it, or against it?

GammaGlobulin

My Dearest Friends:

As you probably know, I love all things IRISH.

a.  Irish writing

b.  Irish humor 

c.  Even the beauty of Ireland

d. Irish music

e. Irish women

f. Maureen O'Hara

g. Single Malt Irish Whiskey

h.  ........  so much more

I am not Irish.

But, I wish I were, in order that I could write better, and speak better than I do.

I love all things Irish.

What about you?

(I am not from Boston, either.)

10 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

Years ago in states I drank Bushmills for awhile because it was ridiculously cheap.

In Thailand I'd never pay the price. Prefer bourbon or SCOTCH scotch whiskey.

I could be pedantic, so I will be.

Scotch whisky is not spelt whiskey ????????

The Irish added the extra "e" to denote the superior product, because it is distilled three times and not twice.

Edited by ThaIrish Sean
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

When I first came to Thailand I would take a bottle of Irish whiskey over for the father in-law.

Jameson's

Bushmills

Tullamore Dew

Then the airport ran out of decent Irish stuff so I got Scottish single malts.

Glenfiddich etc 

I then heard a whisper that he wondered why I was bringing him all this rubbish when all he wanted was Johnny Walker red label ???? (we call it paint stripper)

I saved my money and got him the paint stripper ????

Is that the same as Johnnie WalkerTM?

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

This OP was Posted 3:50 AM .

Either had a wet dream about the Irish spring soap girl, and just woke up, wishing he could go back to sleep. 

Or is not in Thailand . In which case he should be posting this in the Ireland Now forum. :tongue:

.....and the deeper more consistent Thai references that he pretends to play upon require upgrading, as his deception isn't working. 

I'm sure many are fooled - yet, a handful aren't. 

I've spent a lot of time in Ireland, and enjoyed the castles very much, but the weather sucks.

I wanted to listen to live rebel music played in an authentic Irish pub, but never managed to find one. Those Irish tv ads showing the peasants decked out in their finest enjoying a rousing rebel tune while sucking on a pitcher of Guinness are just lies, IMO.

The traffic in Dublin is worse than Bkk IMO.

Irish beaches are rubbish.

Irish B and Bs cost too much.

On 11/7/2021 at 11:27 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I've spent a lot of time in Ireland, and enjoyed the castles very much, but the weather sucks.

I wanted to listen to live rebel music played in an authentic Irish pub, but never managed to find one. Those Irish tv ads showing the peasants decked out in their finest enjoying a rousing rebel tune while sucking on a pitcher of Guinness are just lies, IMO.

The weather does suck.

I think you went to the wrong places, loads of great pubs with good music.

And by the way, we don't do a pitcher of Guinness we do a picture of Guinness. Seriously you would never put Guinness in a pitcher and decanter it into a pint glass. That is sacrilege.

Don't mess with the Guinness!

Ah memories! Summer of 1996. 3 months working for a Express Parcel Company as a customer agent. (Dublin/Tallaght). During those summer months, I had no complaints about the weather. Irish landscape beautiful. Weekends at "Temple-Bar" in Dublin: Unforgettable. The "scene" was bubbling and boiling.

But rents were high. We had to share a house among the 4 of us. Compared to our salary, we found that the Guiness was rather expensive. This was at a time, when I thought that earning much money was the main thing in my life. So I quit my job and moved on to greener financial pastures.

But what remains mostly, is a certain "warmth" that the Irish seem to radiate toward other people, once they have classified you as "an honest man". Hard to explain and hard to find the right words for it. Fond memories, especially as far as this is concerned.
But that was 25 years ago. Today? I wonder.   

8 minutes ago, swissie said:

Ah memories! Summer of 1996. 3 months working for a Express Parcel Company as a customer agent. (Dublin/Tallaght). During those summer months, I had no complaints about the weather. Irish landscape beautiful. Weekends at "Temple-Bar" in Dublin: Unforgettable. The "scene" was bubbling and boiling.

But rents were high. We had to share a house among the 4 of us. Compared to our salary, we found that the Guiness was rather expensive. This was at a time, when I thought that earning much money was the main thing in my life. So I quit my job and moved on to greener financial pastures.

But what remains mostly, is a certain "warmth" that the Irish seem to radiate toward other people, once they have classified you as "an honest man". Hard to explain and hard to find the right words for it. Fond memories, especially as far as this is concerned.
But that was 25 years ago. Today? I wonder.   

I'll say what everyone else usually says about everywhere including Thailand and Ireland.

It was better back then!

I'm surprised you got out of tallaght alive. The pitbulls go round in twos.

And if you're drinking in temple bar you're paying tourist prices.

• 2 years later...
On 11/7/2021 at 4:02 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

My Dearest Friends:

a.  Irish writing

b.  Irish humor 

d. Irish music

e. Irish women

f. Maureen O'Hara

I am not Irish.

But, I wish I were, in order that I could write better, and speak better than I do.

I love all things Irish.

What about you?

What about concertina and a pint of Guinness. 

53 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

I used to drink whisky occasionally, malts for a while and then Black Bush. I enjoyed both so bought a bottle of Bushmills Malt once, but did not take to it. Ended up giving best part of it away.

Love your post mate and huge respect to you as a former Navy Seal 

I myself could not stand Malt ,had in Pattaya once only could drink half 

Can't wait to buy you a beer to thank for your service 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1

On 11/8/2021 at 9:27 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Irish people Bono and Connor Mcgregor. They love themselves too much. 

On 11/7/2021 at 3:02 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

My Dearest Friends:

a.  Irish writing

b.  Irish humor 

d. Irish music

e. Irish women

f. Maureen O'Hara

I am not Irish.

I love all things Irish.

What about you?

I'm very much in favor of a thick, burly Irish bush. The most disappointing thing is to head off face first into the jungle only to discover you've been duped by another overzealous bush trimmer. 

7 hours ago, still kicking said:

Retarded.

You said it mate about yourself mate  ,you said it....😂

How's those ankles

😂how about you start walking everyday instead of sitting in that 1 bedroom government housing flat of  yours in Perth your ankles may improve !!!!

Edited by georgegeorgia