12 month extention Jomtien

I recently renewed my 12 month extension and when I picked up my passport the next day there was no mention of returning with bankbook to show the balance after 90 days, did they forget or have they dropped this requirement 

7 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Must be recent, i went with my details late September.

I don't know, I remember last year they gave me a slip of paper to come back in 3 months but not this time, it could be an individual thing - they may have looked and seen that my bank balance hasn't changed for years and decided no need for it, I will be there soon to do a 90 day report as the online has stopped working seemingly due to my extension renewal - the system thinks I am on overstay lol

I was recently given the come back order page during the processing, not upon passport pickup. My assumption is this policy is still in effect but I wouldn't do it without the order. They can see what happened next extension regardless. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

they can check it in 12 months if they want

I got mine in august ...., but of course if you do not ask if they forget it could become your problem, the jomtien requirement did not disappeared , as i need to go by end this month .

To be safe just ad 90 day on your application date and that is the correct day then .

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I have noticed similar reports along with reports of folk needing to ask for date stamped with return date.

Perhaps Jomtien have woken up to the fact that it's not a genuine requirement and just a made up nonsense of their own.

I have been showing my bank book after 3/4 months after renewing  and a couple since but at another Immigration office and they like to see some deposits and got my normal expenses account and don't draw on the other.

3 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

I have been showing my bank book after 3/4 months after renewing  and a couple since but at another Immigration office and they like to see some deposits and got my normal expenses account and don't draw on the other.

There is zero reason to attend immigration office to show bank books. 

Having said that couple of rogue offices have requirement to return 90 days after extension. Jomtien being the main one.

Also there is no requirement to make deposits/withdrawals  into the account during the 12 months till next extension.

Just random offices looking for power trip. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I have noticed similar reports along with reports of folk needing to ask for date stamped with return date.

Perhaps Jomtien have woken up to the fact that it's not a genuine requirement and just a made up nonsense of their own.

You forget that "Harry Potter magic stick " rule they have the power asking additional documents ...????  !

Anyway to play safe just add 100 baht on that account and then update ,copy bankbook and keep it as backup .

Might be they like to create a possibility to give some  a 2000 baht (pocket ) fine ... ????

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There is zero reason to attend immigration office to show bank books. 

Having said that couple of rogue offices have requirement to return 90 days after extension. Jomtien being the main one.

Also there is no requirement to make deposits/withdrawals  into the account during the 12 months till next extension.

Just random offices looking for power trip. 

and it is that power trip I.O. which has to give you your needed stamp ????.....i do not swim upstream ..... do you ? ????

1 hour ago, david555 said:

I got mine in august ...., but of course if you do not ask if they forget it could become your problem, the jomtien requirement did not disappeared , as i need to go by end this month .

To be safe just ad 90 day on your application date and that is the correct day then .

Without the order, I wouldn't bother.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Without the order, I wouldn't bother.

What if they not belief you did not received that order 90 day money check document ?

As you maybe do not know Jomtien Immigration is infallible...... ????

Edited by david555