It appears that Retirement and Marriage Visa are now separate classes?

I am trying to sort out the health insurance requirements for my O-A retirement extension. Not unusual to find much conflicting information. I visited the Thai Embassy site in Australia (which is usually accurate). https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/visa-categories/

O-A was either retirement or marriage, retirement is still. Marriage visas are now only under O. 

The health insurance requirement for new Retirement Visas is now 3Million baht. For renewals up until Sept 1, 2022 it remains at 400K inpatient and 40k outpatient. This is from the longstay site. https://longstay.tgia.org/guidelineoa

Can anyone point me at the "official" information?

I am confused. The Non O-A (long stay) visa has never been available to those under the age of 50, whether married to a Thai or not. It is intended for those who wish to stay long term without working.

While a Non O-A (long stay) visa is a non immigrant visa (similar only in this respect to the Non O which is available for a variety of purposes, one of which is to visit a Thai spouse) there have always been special conditions associated with applying for the Non O-A.

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

there have always been special conditions associated with applying for the Non O-A.

Correct, O-A visas are sourced via overseas Thai embassies and some consulates and granted under the Ministry of Foreign affairs. O visas (3 month) were also granted by MFO external to Thailand. The O visas and extensions are granted inside Thailand by the Ministry of Internal Affairs via the Immigration department. 

Note: For an O-A retirement visa you have to show 800K baht or foreign equivalent in a bank account but not necessarily in Thailand. That visa runs you 2 years before you need to extend it. Hence, before this pandemic etc, you could stay here without any funds deposited before you needed to satisfy the local deposits necessary to obtain an extension of stay based on your visa.