Suvarnabhumi restaurants.

phetphet

i passed through Suvarnabhumi on a domestic flight last week. I didn't see anywhere to get something to eat, apart from a chilled cabinet.

Does anyone know if restaurants are open air side in international departures? Got a long wait between flights for onward to UK.

TIA

5 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Not sure about air side, but on the Thai side, S&P and Subway were the only ones open last I passed. The rest had King Power, under renovation walls all over. The 2 were both in the middle of floor 3. Didn't fly out so no idea what's open on the other side.

So a pointless post then, when the OP was asking about facilities airside.

On 11/10/2021 at 1:23 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

Green Mango ( i think that's the name ), near where you claim your VAT refund back from has been about the only one open during the past 18 months or so.

Near the little Jim Thomson shop.

That was the only one I saw open 10 days ago. Charging about 70 baht for a small water.....

Out of passport control and turn left.

The majority (90% plus) of shops were all boarded up with workers in some. The sound of power saws, drills etc in the departure gate at 10pm was incessant.

A few King Power places and a handful of high end stores open.

1 hour ago, topt said:

That was the only one I saw open 10 days ago. Charging about 70 baht for a small water.....

Out of passport control and turn left.

The majority (90% plus) of shops were all boarded up with workers in some. The sound of power saws, drills etc in the departure gate at 10pm was incessant.

A few King Power places and a handful of high end stores open.

Yeah that's it.

The shops have been like that for 18 months or so.....

Nothing worth buying anyway, all totally overpriced.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:15 AM, bojo said:

Isn't there also a dining hall area (mostly used by airport workers, but open to the public) right at the end on the lower floor where you get the taxi's from?

I was hoping that now things are opening up, there might have been a few restaurants open. Maybe even the Burger King.

My domestic flight arrives around 19:15 and my int'l isn't until after midnight.

Looks like I had better take a sandwich with me.

Sitting in the airport, airside now. No restaurants open. Only one small no name place selling pre prepared food to microwave. Coffee and coffee mate 110 baht.

As earlier poster said, there is a food court outside before checking. It is on the first floor at the far end. Also a Subway on third floor. No other restaurants or places to eat.

Best to fill up as much as possible before flying, bring approved snacks and keep and open mind (and wallet) and eat whatever's available. 

This vid from Feb of this year;

• Like 1