One Night in Bangkok makes a Brit guy crumble - even today Rooster is not "remotely in control!"

rooster59

3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I take umbrage at the slur on Triumphs. My Thunderbird leaked oil in 1956, but I doubt Triumphs do now. Do they?????

Triumph would not be the sole engine supplier to MotoGP2 if they leaked oil. I was once told by a mechanic in 1949 that if a Triumph engine didn't leak it meant that there was no oil in it!

Edited by Epidemiologist Dave
Symbols deleted
  • Like 1

With the COVID spikes happening in other places in the world, maybe the PCR test on arrival and a short stay in

Bangkok is not the worst thing that could happen to an inbound traveler.                                                                                                                                                             Glad that your daughter is  recovering okay, lucky girl.  

The PM got his picture with Boris and others, so he should be happy for a few days.

Anutin will have his 4th shot soon, so he can travel abroad, so all is well with Thailand.

Geezer

4 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I take umbrage at the slur on Triumphs. My Thunderbird leaked oil in 1956, but I doubt Triumphs do now. Do they?????

No they don’t , I’ve had several and not a drop, as for Meriden triumphs go that’s a different story.

5 hours ago, Gandtee said:

My son on my Triumph Thunderbird 1956 I can't recall any leaks. It didn't stop him from riding Triumphs, nor his son. ????

unnamed (4) Stephens first Triumph-crop.jpg

104308101_1357394281115939_4932575888774830478_n - Copy.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

raised their grandson.

Well, it's easy to father a girl and let the child be upbrought without the father.

I doubt you supported the mother by sending a good lot of money every month.

However, again, it's too easy to send money only.

Not the best character!

Nothing to tell publicly.

Shame on you.????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, paahlman said:

Good to hear good news about your daughter.. Incredible stories also from wayback.. 

Also glad to hear that your daughter is OK. Just a correction though about those unfortunate enough to have been sitting close to someone that tested positive after arriving. My under standing is that insurance will NOT cover their costs because they are not sick. The insurance is health insurance, unless they have separate travel insurance that has a clause that covers them.   

10 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Those Thunderbird Y block engines were a scourge, among the very worst designs. I have a Corvette 350 cu engine with Turbo 700R4 Tranny in my '57 T-Bird, courtesy of a very smart previous owner. 

I never owned a Triumph, they had a hinge in the middle, I had a Norton, a Velocette and several BSAs. All leaked oil. It was standard practice for a dealer to keep a tray underneath each bike to catch the leak. Only when I bought a Yamaha did I get a clean floor.

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems guys in Thailand can be divided in two groups. The once which experienced that place (in the original location) and those who don't know it.

Weird. I remember the name. I know I went there. But all memories of it have completely gone from my brain. Old age, I guess.

19 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Weird. I remember the name. I know I went there. But all memories of it have completely gone from my brain. Old age, I guess.

Maybe the first question should be: How much of it did you remember the next day:

And then: How much of that would you rather forget? ???? 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe the first question should be: How much of it did you remember the next day:

And then: How much of that would you rather forget? ???? 

Do you remember the small (about A5 size) glossy colour booklet about Bangkok nightlife? I think it was called "After Dark" but I can't find any images of it.

Some hotels and bars would have free copies lying around. As well as night life places, it would have adverts for tailor shops, shopping malls, etc. I think that's where I saw the advert for "Der Herr" tailors - 3 silk suits and 8 silk shirts for a ridiculously low price. I still have the shirts in Phuket, but way too "classy" to wear here! 

And that's probably where I saw the advert for Thermae. Can't be sure - about 20 years ago!

12 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Do you remember the small (about A5 size) glossy colour booklet about Bangkok nightlife? I think it was called "After Dark" but I can't find any images of it.

Some hotels and bars would have free copies lying around. As well as night life places, it would have adverts for tailor shops, shopping malls, etc. I think that's where I saw the advert for "Der Herr" tailors - 3 silk suits and 8 silk shirts for a ridiculously low price. I still have the shirts in Phuket, but way too "classy" to wear here! 

And that's probably where I saw the advert for Thermae. Can't be sure - about 20 years ago!

I know those "maps" existed. But I never paid any attention to them.

I don't remember when the old Thermae was closed and the "new" one opened. I think it was before year 2000. The "new" one is obviously filthy enough but no comparison to the old one. The entrance to the old one was through the kitchen and the toilets - I forgot in which order.

I can't pretend that it was my favorite place because it was always totally f$#% up - I think by design. But it is something that is difficult to forget.

• Like 2